Ally and I just got back from the gym. I went every day last week and even though it's Spring break for the kids and me this week, I promised myself I wouldn't fall off the wagon. No, not that one. I've fallen off so many times I've got callouses and other assorted damages from hitting the ground. We'll see how this works out this time. One day at a time, right? I can't do more than I can do. Whoa, how profound is that? You're right. Not very. I'm fighting a cold right now---scratchy painful throat, ears that won't unplug and a heavy feeling in my chest that I fear does not bode well for the rest of the week. Not that we're taking a vacation. We'd love to of course, but what with times the way they are and the things we need to get done here, it simply wasn't an option. So what are we doing for our spectacular spring break? I'm glad you asked. We're cleaning! Yes, you heard right. And my kids (Ok, the younger ones at an...
How about "The DaVinci Codpiece"?
ReplyDeleteI'm wearing one right now~!
ReplyDeleteI meant to say, are you wearing one right now?
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteActually, I prefer more modern arrangements than somnthing that looks like an old VW trunk lid
Could you please give me more detail than just saying 'modern arrangements'? My mind thanks you. :grin:
ReplyDeleteCould you please give me more detail than just saying 'modern arrangements'? My mind thanks you. :grin:
ReplyDeleteI think the clinical term is 'skivvies.'
ReplyDeleteSince I've been pressured into answering questions about my underwear, my turn - how'd the blessing go and is there any green bean casserole left?
ReplyDeleteThe blessing is tomorrow, so I'm not sure how it went yet.
ReplyDeleteTo my knowledge, no one is bringing any bean casserole. However, I bought two different sandwich platters at Costco today, I made a pasta salad, my dad's favorite garlic dip(which I was roundly chastised for not having here for him last sunday) and I am about to make some cupcakes. Other people are bringing veggie platters, fruit platters, assorted salads, chips, dips, etc.
I also bought chocolates and candies to put into dishes around the house. Wasn't that nice of me? I'll also be making a punch.
I've had hubby hanging pictures, wall sconces, shelves, flower baskets out in front and lots of other things. I've been cleaning and cleaning and then just for laughs I cleaned some more.
I'm so tired and I still have one room left. Our bedroom. You might not think that room would require much in the way of cleaning for a party. You'd be wrong. You don't know the people coming to this shindig. They will invade every inch of my home.
I'm tired. Can you telll?
I hear cod's becoming an endangered species, but not this one...
ReplyDeleteThank goodness for that!
ReplyDeleteSo, is your grand niece officially blessed?
ReplyDeleteYes, she's been blessed. The partiers partied and consumed food and drink, leaving a pile of empty plates and debris in their wake.
ReplyDeleteAll have departed.
There use to be enough cod off the grand banks of Newfoundland to bring ships to a halt..there is no mystery as to why they are all gone....Oh My Cod did I just say something serious?
ReplyDeleteIs that why Tom Hanks grew a MULLET for the film?
And how could I forget the obvious?
ReplyDeleteCleanliness is next to codliness.
You're right. You're slipping. I've been awaiting that comment since I put up my post.
ReplyDeleteTry to keep up dear.
So many ways to reply to that one . . . . . so many ways to die . . . .
ReplyDelete