Skip to main content

Ahhhhhh

Ally and I just got back from the gym. I went every day last week and even though it's Spring break for the kids and me this week, I promised myself I wouldn't fall off the wagon.


No, not that one.

I've fallen off so many times I've got callouses and other assorted damages from hitting the ground. We'll see how this works out this time. One day at a time, right? I can't do more than I can do. Whoa, how profound is that?

You're right. Not very. I'm fighting a cold right now---scratchy painful throat, ears that won't unplug and a heavy feeling in my chest that I fear does not bode well for the rest of the week.

Not that we're taking a vacation. We'd love to of course, but what with times the way they are and the things we need to get done here, it simply wasn't an option.

So what are we doing for our spectacular spring break? I'm glad you asked.

We're cleaning! Yes, you heard right. And my kids (Ok, the younger ones at any rate) are even excited about it! The reason being that what we're cleaning out and fixing up is a big basement room which will then become a family room here!

So we all donned dust masks, gloves and dug in. I think the kids had more fun than the adults, in fact I'm sure of it. They treated it as though it were an archeological dig.
"Hey Mom! Look at this! What is it?"
"It's a jukebox"
"What's that?"
"It plays records"
"What's a record?"

Ok, maybe it was an archeological dig and this is a picture of me standing next to our jukebox. Yeah, ok, not really. My hair is longer. But the jukebox looks like the one we have in the basement.

It used to be a big hit with my friends when we were in high school. You know, back when dinosaurs roamed the earth and when you said some one was gay it meant they were happy.

But I digress.

The archeological dig cleaning will continue through the week. We'll let you know if we find Jiimmy Hoffa.

Comments

  1. Good luck cleaning! That does sound like a good project to accomplish and that jukebox, how cool! You could rent it out for parties.

    I always want to paint during spring break but I don't want to paint with children around and with the weather so cold that I can't open windows. So I'm not painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean! I can't wait to paint this room. It's a nice size for a family room, but I'm also looking at it and thinking "hmmm...this would make a GREAT bedroom for Lance and I" We'll see what it morphs into after we've cleaned it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually just lurk, but thought I'd comment this time. Not because I have anything significant to add, I just want to say attagirl.

    I should also tell you that your posts often touch me, or a part of me to the point that I can't even comment.

    So thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Laurie! So YOU are my other reader :) I knew I had two!

    Thanks for commenting and for visiting. I used to be a lot more fun---I'm working on getting that back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't you mean WHEN you find Jimmy Hoffa?! hee hee

    seriously, good job on tackling such a huge project!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead....tell me the truth :)

Popular posts from this blog

A Poem to an Abusive Man

I've been doing a bit of research on abuse, domestic violence and how it usually ends. It's not pretty and it's painful and I hurt every time I read another woman's tale of horror.

Did you know that emotional abuse is as detrimental as physical abuse? And that most emotional abusers continue on to become physical abusers? I didn't. I do now. I found a site where formerly abused women, on the path to recovery from their abusers, have written poems. This one below is one that haunted me.

Thank You

You wooed me with poetry
I bit on the hook
Had I only first read
The name of the book

I would have avoided
The very first page
For pages kept turning
Revealing the rage

The ups were a great high
The ride was a bash
But I rode with my eyes closed
To avoid seeing the crash
I knew it would come soon
But I never knew when
The rage and the leaving
And the path to the end

You had to control things
Determined you would
Emotionally destroying me
Every way that you could

I'll Love You Forever, I'll Like You For Always...

I rely on the kindness of strangers...

Or not so much strangers as readers of my miserable blog.

I received a beautiful card in the mail from my long-tine reader (perhaps my ONLY reader) that lifted my heart. Thank you, G. Parkes. It was kind of you to think of me. Seriously---you are so sweet. Thank you.

Perhaps we can meet in person one day. I'll be in Utah after Conference. We'll see how it goes.

I've been caring for my autistic grandson since July. It seems longer sometimes---and that's not a complaint. I adore this little man. He holds my heart. He fills my arms and my heart in the way that my own small babies used to do. When mine reached the age where they didn't want to be in my arms any longer, I felt their absence. Their absence from my arms was heavier than actually having them in my arms. It was an ache that is difficult to describe, a phantom pain where something once was but now is no longer.

Before my husband and I went to the cabin th…

I'm Sick. And the election isn't helping.

I spoke too soon about feeling better. My grandson was delightful enough to share his virus with me, so I've spent the past five days losing everything from both ends. It hasn't been pretty.

As a weight loss program though...

At least one end of me has stopped spewing. Now I wait for the other end to stop pretending to be filled with hot lava and erupting without much notice. Sorry, this is what is called over-sharing. Apparently I'm very good at it. You're welcome.

Last night I walked around the block with hubby and our adorable puppy. It was the first time I've been out of the house in five days. It was lovely, even though I was very shaky. Today I actually tried to accomplish something. I sat at my jewelry table, moved my seaglass around. Picked up pieces and played them through my hands. Such beautfy that came from something considered useless garbage and tossed away. I love my sea glass. It gives me the happies.

I also had a severe case of J…