Skip to main content

Big Hair

I took this picture of Steph with my cell phone camera as we were traveling from Utah to Vegas on Thursday. Lance dubbed it 'Big Hair In The Middle Of Nowhere'

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Stephanie did not appreciate the humor. Poor thing.

Comments

  1. no one appreciates humor about themselves until they are 30

    ReplyDelete
  2. 17 with big hair - you're moving into second place Pammy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom, you go for the big haired seventeen year olds, eh? Remind me not to bring my daughter when I come a callin' on you dear.

    Anna, so true. Most teenagers can't see the humor in themselves, mores the pity. I wish I'd been more carefree when I was that age as well. It's not easy to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carefree teenagers are few and far between around their parents. It used to be the ultimate humiliation to be seen wandering around, say, the mall with my parents. The horror!! Now, my mom is my best friend. Funny how times change. Give her another 12 years and she'll find the "big hair in the middle of nowhere" comment hysterical. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam, Sorry I haven't commented much on what seems to be a great time across the west.

    Looking at this pic, though - what a great artistic shot! Wish I could get my staff photographer off his "grip and grin" saddle and work on a neat piece of composition.

    I'm not joking either. Just look at it. Girl looking out at the road ahead, with the past wedged neatly in that rear-view mirror.

    Jeez, I gotta stop thinking and talking shop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janis? Is that you?
    Oh My God!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you know what Pam? I was so insecure growing up, in comparison, I'm actually younger at heart now, because my self esteem has set me free. It's hard to have healthy self esteem at that age. I really think that's what they mean when they say youth is wasted on the young. They're so worried.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're right Fronty, that is a good picture. I was so fixated on the hair I didn't even look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pammy, her hair is PERFECT! Nice pic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fronty, you are sweet. I wasn't really trying to make it so beautiful. It just happened that way. Plus I took it with my cell phone camera. Weird huh?

    Vicus, methinks you may be having flashbacks.

    Anna, I agree with you totally. Youth is indeed wasted on the young.

    Stay-at-home-mommy, I recall going through the not wanting to be seen with the parental units stage.

    Carmentza, thank you. Her hair is gorgeous, but you know how teenage girls don't like to do the big hair thing. When my hubby saw the picture he thought it might be me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead....tell me the truth :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ahhhhhh

Ally and I just got back from the gym. I went every day last week and even though it's Spring break for the kids and me this week, I promised myself I wouldn't fall off the wagon. No, not that one. I've fallen off so many times I've got callouses and other assorted damages from hitting the ground. We'll see how this works out this time. One day at a time, right? I can't do more than I can do. Whoa, how profound is that? You're right. Not very. I'm fighting a cold right now---scratchy painful throat, ears that won't unplug and a heavy feeling in my chest that I fear does not bode well for the rest of the week. Not that we're taking a vacation. We'd love to of course, but what with times the way they are and the things we need to get done here, it simply wasn't an option. So what are we doing for our spectacular spring break? I'm glad you asked. We're cleaning! Yes, you heard right. And my kids (Ok, the younger ones at an...

Wheeeeeeee!

Today I was awakened to the not-so-delightful sounds of enormous dump trucks, (you know the ones that are a dump truck and they haul a trailer behind?) dumping truck load after truck load of dirt behind my house. Then the most incredibly noisey and squeaky (do they not grease the tracks on those things??) grader began shoving the dirt and rocks around. I had to fight the urge to throw a can of WD40 over the fence to the driver. It wasn't even eight in the morning. It wasn't even 7:30 yet. So I reluctantly arose from my bed and cleaned up the kitchen. After it was spotless, I went back upstairs to my freeze-zone (the only room in the house with AC) to do some online banking and make calls to check on medical bills, etc. As I was finishing up, in walks my husband! At first I had a moment of Oh-no-he's-lost-his-job terror. Then it passed after he smiled. Seems they ran out of work for the day. Odd, but then that's Boeing. So hubby was roped into going school cloth...

The Boy

Will Soon Be Graduating From High School This means, in some small measure, I have successfully managed to get him through 12 years of school and to the age of 18 alive. No small accomplishment, that. Today he called for a ride home after he rode the bus most of the way to our house. As it was about 90 degrees outside, I obliged. I'm a good mom, plus it got me out of a very hot house and into the sweet deliciousness of my air conditioned vehicle. My oldest and youngest daughters went along for the ride and they spotted The Boy before I did. "What's up with his pants?" Indeed. The operative word for his pants was up . He wears those extremely skinny jeans and he'd rolled them up to about knee level and he was walking towards us with a grimace on his face. He was in pain. You see, five hours earlier, in the throes of near heat exhaustion, he rolled the legs of his pants up and then his legs swelled up. He was unable to remove his own pants or roll down what he...