Skip to main content

Wheeeeee!

Today is Saturday. I'm sitting out in the driveway of my in-laws house on my laptop. It's the only place I can piggy back on someone elses wifi signal. Bad, bad me.

Yesterday we played in the pool most of the day, with breaks for lunch and dinner. We also went to see Pirates of the Carribbean. The new one. Loved seeing Johnny Depp sashay around again. I enjoyed the movie and especially the movie theater seats as they were very tall and you could push the cup holder/arm rest up and snuggle closer to the person you wished to snuggle with. Hubby and I snuggled. I missed that man so much.

Here's Ashley leaping off the diving board into the pool. She's invincible in her life jacket and LOVES the pool. As I type this, she's there right now with her daddy and Allison. She woke us all up, saying we needed to get into the pool. '
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Here's Chris in the shallow end. We played water volleyball last night and it was so much fun!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We had a wonderful dinner of shrimp and spinache bowtie pasta with tons of fresh fruit and breadsticks. It was wonderful as always.

Today we're going to celebrate Allison's birthday by having a party and cake and salmon. I'd better get back in the house, change into my swimming suit and jump in the pool with the kids. More later if I get a connection.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ahhhhhh

Ally and I just got back from the gym. I went every day last week and even though it's Spring break for the kids and me this week, I promised myself I wouldn't fall off the wagon. No, not that one. I've fallen off so many times I've got callouses and other assorted damages from hitting the ground. We'll see how this works out this time. One day at a time, right? I can't do more than I can do. Whoa, how profound is that? You're right. Not very. I'm fighting a cold right now---scratchy painful throat, ears that won't unplug and a heavy feeling in my chest that I fear does not bode well for the rest of the week. Not that we're taking a vacation. We'd love to of course, but what with times the way they are and the things we need to get done here, it simply wasn't an option. So what are we doing for our spectacular spring break? I'm glad you asked. We're cleaning! Yes, you heard right. And my kids (Ok, the younger ones at an...

Wheeeeeeee!

Today I was awakened to the not-so-delightful sounds of enormous dump trucks, (you know the ones that are a dump truck and they haul a trailer behind?) dumping truck load after truck load of dirt behind my house. Then the most incredibly noisey and squeaky (do they not grease the tracks on those things??) grader began shoving the dirt and rocks around. I had to fight the urge to throw a can of WD40 over the fence to the driver. It wasn't even eight in the morning. It wasn't even 7:30 yet. So I reluctantly arose from my bed and cleaned up the kitchen. After it was spotless, I went back upstairs to my freeze-zone (the only room in the house with AC) to do some online banking and make calls to check on medical bills, etc. As I was finishing up, in walks my husband! At first I had a moment of Oh-no-he's-lost-his-job terror. Then it passed after he smiled. Seems they ran out of work for the day. Odd, but then that's Boeing. So hubby was roped into going school cloth...

The Boy

Will Soon Be Graduating From High School This means, in some small measure, I have successfully managed to get him through 12 years of school and to the age of 18 alive. No small accomplishment, that. Today he called for a ride home after he rode the bus most of the way to our house. As it was about 90 degrees outside, I obliged. I'm a good mom, plus it got me out of a very hot house and into the sweet deliciousness of my air conditioned vehicle. My oldest and youngest daughters went along for the ride and they spotted The Boy before I did. "What's up with his pants?" Indeed. The operative word for his pants was up . He wears those extremely skinny jeans and he'd rolled them up to about knee level and he was walking towards us with a grimace on his face. He was in pain. You see, five hours earlier, in the throes of near heat exhaustion, he rolled the legs of his pants up and then his legs swelled up. He was unable to remove his own pants or roll down what he...