Skip to main content

For Vicus

We left Orem, Utah around 4:30 and got home around 6:30 in the evening. Not too bad.

We traded this....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

for this....


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


We took Chinook pass home and it was a breathtaking drive. At the top there is still snow on the ground. When we stopped for a closer look, Chris leaped over the railing into a snow patch in his bare feet. Just as quickly, he pulled himself back over to the right side of the railing. Apparently snow is cold on bare feet. Who knew? :grin:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

An alpine lake, surrounded by snow.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ashley got out to take a closer look, but Allison couldn't locate her shoes and refused to leave the vehicle.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

More...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Our ride at the top of Chinook Pass.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chris loved the cool air of the pass and put his head out the window as the greenery flew past.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

All in all, not a bad drive. When we got home, Lance had dinner ready for us. Steak, green beans with bacon and applesauce. Is it any wonder I kinda like this guy?

Comments

  1. Where is Chinook Pass? I love the out-the-window picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know where Yakima is? You take the white pass/chinook pass turn off from there. It takes you up this amazing canyon with a river flowing down it and up into the hills and mountains. You can either come down on the Sunrise side of Mt. Rainier, or the Paradise side.

    It's a beautiful drive. Do you get up here often?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pictures!
    I have been there, and the canyon part is way cool.

    Welcome Welcome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi No Cool Story! Bienvenidos chama. Me gusta tu blog y como llamas a tu hija 'la fashionista' me da risa. Que chevere! I should rename my oldest daughter La Fashionishta.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the first pic of Chris it looks kinda like he's taking a bathroom break.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's what my hubby said!! He really wasn't though. He just had his hands in his pockets and was looking down at the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the man is loyal, cute and cooks. i've said it before, clone him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first pic with the clouds was great despite the roadway, i almost didn't want to take the journey with you there.
    Applesauce, how American, i have never tried it,
    great read!

    Evan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:32 AM

    Oh man -- that makes me homesick! Chinook pass ...sigh... "I want to see Mountains again Gandalf. Mountains!"

    And Nat -- how long have you lived around there?????

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anna, I wish I could clone him for you! He's the greatest.

    Evan, welcome! You should try applesauce sometime. It's quite good, especially if it's homemade.

    Sketchy, you're from here?

    ReplyDelete
  11. omigosh, Mr. Evan, you have NEVER TRIED APPLESAUCE????? You must do so really soon...

    ReplyDelete
  12. We should send him some!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead....tell me the truth :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ahhhhhh

Ally and I just got back from the gym. I went every day last week and even though it's Spring break for the kids and me this week, I promised myself I wouldn't fall off the wagon. No, not that one. I've fallen off so many times I've got callouses and other assorted damages from hitting the ground. We'll see how this works out this time. One day at a time, right? I can't do more than I can do. Whoa, how profound is that? You're right. Not very. I'm fighting a cold right now---scratchy painful throat, ears that won't unplug and a heavy feeling in my chest that I fear does not bode well for the rest of the week. Not that we're taking a vacation. We'd love to of course, but what with times the way they are and the things we need to get done here, it simply wasn't an option. So what are we doing for our spectacular spring break? I'm glad you asked. We're cleaning! Yes, you heard right. And my kids (Ok, the younger ones at an...

Wheeeeeeee!

Today I was awakened to the not-so-delightful sounds of enormous dump trucks, (you know the ones that are a dump truck and they haul a trailer behind?) dumping truck load after truck load of dirt behind my house. Then the most incredibly noisey and squeaky (do they not grease the tracks on those things??) grader began shoving the dirt and rocks around. I had to fight the urge to throw a can of WD40 over the fence to the driver. It wasn't even eight in the morning. It wasn't even 7:30 yet. So I reluctantly arose from my bed and cleaned up the kitchen. After it was spotless, I went back upstairs to my freeze-zone (the only room in the house with AC) to do some online banking and make calls to check on medical bills, etc. As I was finishing up, in walks my husband! At first I had a moment of Oh-no-he's-lost-his-job terror. Then it passed after he smiled. Seems they ran out of work for the day. Odd, but then that's Boeing. So hubby was roped into going school cloth...

The Boy

Will Soon Be Graduating From High School This means, in some small measure, I have successfully managed to get him through 12 years of school and to the age of 18 alive. No small accomplishment, that. Today he called for a ride home after he rode the bus most of the way to our house. As it was about 90 degrees outside, I obliged. I'm a good mom, plus it got me out of a very hot house and into the sweet deliciousness of my air conditioned vehicle. My oldest and youngest daughters went along for the ride and they spotted The Boy before I did. "What's up with his pants?" Indeed. The operative word for his pants was up . He wears those extremely skinny jeans and he'd rolled them up to about knee level and he was walking towards us with a grimace on his face. He was in pain. You see, five hours earlier, in the throes of near heat exhaustion, he rolled the legs of his pants up and then his legs swelled up. He was unable to remove his own pants or roll down what he...