Skip to main content

Tuesday

I've been asked to facilitate a Writer's Guild for our women's group at church. We'll be meeting in different homes once a month. The first meeting is tonight. I've been up since five, working on some things for it, plus doing the gym thing, then Coscto and then picking up Ally from school.

I knew when I sent her this morning that I'd more than likely be bringing her home again. She feels warm, her tummy is hurting a bit and she just doesn't feel right. This child tugs at my heart strings when she's ill. The past several years she's been so healthy that I've been holding my breath in the dreaded anticipation of something to come.

You see when she was born, they weren't sure she had a functioning immune system. She was constantly sick at home and when she wasn't at home, she was in the hospital. We were not allowed to take her out in public for the first six months of her life.

When she was three days old she spent a week in Children's Hospital with sepsis. In September, at two months of age, she was back in the hospital with osteomyletis (a bone infection). That really had the infectious disease people on their toes. Then when she was four months old we nearly lost her to spinal meningitis. She spent some time in the PICU and after a month we were able to bring her back home. After that she was in and out of the hospital with pyleonephritis (kidney infections). At one point the nurses taught me how to do IV's so we could take care of her at home rather than spend so much time at the hospital.

So, when she's sick....I tend to worry. She had that bout with the very odd mesenteric adenitis, and now she's not feeling well again. Yesterday we saw her new doctor and he said that she has some lymph nodes that are enlarged, but that usually that turns out to be nothing.

He'd better be right.

Comments

  1. she'll be fine and i will include her in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead....tell me the truth :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ahhhhhh

Ally and I just got back from the gym. I went every day last week and even though it's Spring break for the kids and me this week, I promised myself I wouldn't fall off the wagon. No, not that one. I've fallen off so many times I've got callouses and other assorted damages from hitting the ground. We'll see how this works out this time. One day at a time, right? I can't do more than I can do. Whoa, how profound is that? You're right. Not very. I'm fighting a cold right now---scratchy painful throat, ears that won't unplug and a heavy feeling in my chest that I fear does not bode well for the rest of the week. Not that we're taking a vacation. We'd love to of course, but what with times the way they are and the things we need to get done here, it simply wasn't an option. So what are we doing for our spectacular spring break? I'm glad you asked. We're cleaning! Yes, you heard right. And my kids (Ok, the younger ones at an...

Wheeeeeeee!

Today I was awakened to the not-so-delightful sounds of enormous dump trucks, (you know the ones that are a dump truck and they haul a trailer behind?) dumping truck load after truck load of dirt behind my house. Then the most incredibly noisey and squeaky (do they not grease the tracks on those things??) grader began shoving the dirt and rocks around. I had to fight the urge to throw a can of WD40 over the fence to the driver. It wasn't even eight in the morning. It wasn't even 7:30 yet. So I reluctantly arose from my bed and cleaned up the kitchen. After it was spotless, I went back upstairs to my freeze-zone (the only room in the house with AC) to do some online banking and make calls to check on medical bills, etc. As I was finishing up, in walks my husband! At first I had a moment of Oh-no-he's-lost-his-job terror. Then it passed after he smiled. Seems they ran out of work for the day. Odd, but then that's Boeing. So hubby was roped into going school cloth...

The Boy

Will Soon Be Graduating From High School This means, in some small measure, I have successfully managed to get him through 12 years of school and to the age of 18 alive. No small accomplishment, that. Today he called for a ride home after he rode the bus most of the way to our house. As it was about 90 degrees outside, I obliged. I'm a good mom, plus it got me out of a very hot house and into the sweet deliciousness of my air conditioned vehicle. My oldest and youngest daughters went along for the ride and they spotted The Boy before I did. "What's up with his pants?" Indeed. The operative word for his pants was up . He wears those extremely skinny jeans and he'd rolled them up to about knee level and he was walking towards us with a grimace on his face. He was in pain. You see, five hours earlier, in the throes of near heat exhaustion, he rolled the legs of his pants up and then his legs swelled up. He was unable to remove his own pants or roll down what he...