Skip to main content

I Do More Before 8:00 In The Morning Than Most People Do All Day

Or at least it feels like that sometimes. Let's run down my day, shall we?

Got up at five to wake up Stephanie. Woke Chris up at 5:20 and re-woke Stephanie. I did this three more times until both teenagers finally became vertical. While they were getting ready and showering, I made my bed and cleaned our bathroom.

I made chocolate chip pancakes for Chris, per his request. It wasn't really a request per se, it was more of a grumble that we had no food in the house and would I make him some pancakes with chocolate chips in them. He came down and ate, Stephie came down and ate a yogurt and I finished loading the dishwasher from last night and cleaned up the rest of the kicthen and hustled them out the door to seminary and school.

Then I put a load of towels on to wash and went to wake Ally and Ashley. Ashley was already awake but Ally was still snoozing away. She's easy to get moving in the morning, it's usually with Ashley that I have problems. I've poured water on her head in the mornings more times than I care to recall.

Both had chocolate chip pancakes and milk, I cleaned up the counter and turned on the dishwasher. I tied Ashley's shoes and loaded my gym back into our vehicle and walked them to their bus stop. Jen brought Dillon and Daniel over and strapped them into their carseats in our vehicle and I was off to the gym. I signed the boys into the play area there and went to my pool workout class.

After class I rewarded myself with a long soak in the jacuzzie. Ahhhhhh. Heaven. By then it was 9:30 a.m. I dropped Daniel off at school for speech therapy, raced home to change Dillon, then went back to school to pick Daniel up. I was then going to drive to Tacoma but I left the directions to where I was headed at home, so back I went and put the towels on to dry and a white load on to wash. Then I drove to Tacoma and finished up some banking business. I picked Jenny up at her work and we had lunch at Applebees. (Thanks Jen!)

I dropped Jen back off at work, drove to Safeway and bought some milk, cereal, peppers and salsa. I dropped a large glass jar of salsa and it exploded all over my feet. I thought that was fun and exciting.

Then I drove home, unloaded the groceries and kids. Put groceries away. Chris came home from school. I put the white load on to dry, popped a colored load in to wash and left the boys with Chris while I drove to a Verizon store to pick up a new hands free thingy for my phone. I then drove to Home Depot to buy paint for my kitchen. I was going to use a gift card I received for Christmas and was sure I had it in my purse. I was wrong. No gift card. So home I went.

Got home, thawed chicken, cut up peppers and onions and made chicken fajitas for dinner tonight. I helped Ashley with her chore of unloading the dishwasher. Now I'm sitting here and wondering why the heck my back hurts.

Sorry this was so boring.

No, I don't work outside the home. When would I have time?


  1. honey, you have just put me to shame. i inspired.

  2. No, no, no, I didn't mean to put anyone to shame. I know you're a busy woman as well, what with working and looking for a new place to live. Sometimes life is busier than other times. This week just happens to be one of the busy ones.

    I did manage to buy the paint for my kitchen today though! I found the gift card in my gym bag after my workout this morning. Yay me! So hubby will be painting when he gets home from work. That wall is waaaaay too high for me. I have height issues. ::shudder::


Post a Comment

Go ahead....tell me the truth :)

Popular posts from this blog

A Poem to an Abusive Man

I've been doing a bit of research on abuse, domestic violence and how it usually ends. It's not pretty and it's painful and I hurt every time I read another woman's tale of horror.

Did you know that emotional abuse is as detrimental as physical abuse? And that most emotional abusers continue on to become physical abusers? I didn't. I do now. I found a site where formerly abused women, on the path to recovery from their abusers, have written poems. This one below is one that haunted me.

Thank You

You wooed me with poetry
I bit on the hook
Had I only first read
The name of the book

I would have avoided
The very first page
For pages kept turning
Revealing the rage

The ups were a great high
The ride was a bash
But I rode with my eyes closed
To avoid seeing the crash
I knew it would come soon
But I never knew when
The rage and the leaving
And the path to the end

You had to control things
Determined you would
Emotionally destroying me
Every way that you could

I'll Love You Forever, I'll Like You For Always...

I rely on the kindness of strangers...

Or not so much strangers as readers of my miserable blog.

I received a beautiful card in the mail from my long-tine reader (perhaps my ONLY reader) that lifted my heart. Thank you, G. Parkes. It was kind of you to think of me. Seriously---you are so sweet. Thank you.

Perhaps we can meet in person one day. I'll be in Utah after Conference. We'll see how it goes.

I've been caring for my autistic grandson since July. It seems longer sometimes---and that's not a complaint. I adore this little man. He holds my heart. He fills my arms and my heart in the way that my own small babies used to do. When mine reached the age where they didn't want to be in my arms any longer, I felt their absence. Their absence from my arms was heavier than actually having them in my arms. It was an ache that is difficult to describe, a phantom pain where something once was but now is no longer.

Before my husband and I went to the cabin th…

I'm Sick. And the election isn't helping.

I spoke too soon about feeling better. My grandson was delightful enough to share his virus with me, so I've spent the past five days losing everything from both ends. It hasn't been pretty.

As a weight loss program though...

At least one end of me has stopped spewing. Now I wait for the other end to stop pretending to be filled with hot lava and erupting without much notice. Sorry, this is what is called over-sharing. Apparently I'm very good at it. You're welcome.

Last night I walked around the block with hubby and our adorable puppy. It was the first time I've been out of the house in five days. It was lovely, even though I was very shaky. Today I actually tried to accomplish something. I sat at my jewelry table, moved my seaglass around. Picked up pieces and played them through my hands. Such beautfy that came from something considered useless garbage and tossed away. I love my sea glass. It gives me the happies.

I also had a severe case of J…