Skip to main content

Snow

Someone must have been listening to Chris' prayer last night. We got snow, school was cancelled but we didn't lose power as he'd also requested, thank goodness.

Ally and Ashley out in front of the house.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Ash with the neighbor's doggie Drake. He's so cute!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow....

And now the temperatures will be in the teens the rest of the week. Fun! I didn't get to go to the gym this morning but I'm going tomorrow if I have to ski there.

Comments

  1. We got snow too, but man are the road crews good here, no way we were getting a snow day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two flakes fall and the entire known universe (aka The Seattle/Tacoma Metro area) goes into spasm and nearly calls out the national guard.

    I tell ya. People

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell your kids they can come up here anytime and take some of our snow home with them.

    Or they can just do snow angels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My children would LOVE that! We've taken them to Whistler skiing and they fell in love with the place.

    Oh Canada....

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, the kiddos are happy,
    the snow is beautiful, but enough already! when will we have a full week of school?!!
    ski to the gym? that's dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We don't have that much snow just now here in Finland. My kids miss skiing, skating and snow angel making, but I think we don't get any snow this year...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Send some of that down here. It is in the 60's and I hate it!

    Also, do the interview! All publicity is good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead....tell me the truth :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ahhhhhh

Ally and I just got back from the gym. I went every day last week and even though it's Spring break for the kids and me this week, I promised myself I wouldn't fall off the wagon. No, not that one. I've fallen off so many times I've got callouses and other assorted damages from hitting the ground. We'll see how this works out this time. One day at a time, right? I can't do more than I can do. Whoa, how profound is that? You're right. Not very. I'm fighting a cold right now---scratchy painful throat, ears that won't unplug and a heavy feeling in my chest that I fear does not bode well for the rest of the week. Not that we're taking a vacation. We'd love to of course, but what with times the way they are and the things we need to get done here, it simply wasn't an option. So what are we doing for our spectacular spring break? I'm glad you asked. We're cleaning! Yes, you heard right. And my kids (Ok, the younger ones at an...

Wheeeeeeee!

Today I was awakened to the not-so-delightful sounds of enormous dump trucks, (you know the ones that are a dump truck and they haul a trailer behind?) dumping truck load after truck load of dirt behind my house. Then the most incredibly noisey and squeaky (do they not grease the tracks on those things??) grader began shoving the dirt and rocks around. I had to fight the urge to throw a can of WD40 over the fence to the driver. It wasn't even eight in the morning. It wasn't even 7:30 yet. So I reluctantly arose from my bed and cleaned up the kitchen. After it was spotless, I went back upstairs to my freeze-zone (the only room in the house with AC) to do some online banking and make calls to check on medical bills, etc. As I was finishing up, in walks my husband! At first I had a moment of Oh-no-he's-lost-his-job terror. Then it passed after he smiled. Seems they ran out of work for the day. Odd, but then that's Boeing. So hubby was roped into going school cloth...

The Boy

Will Soon Be Graduating From High School This means, in some small measure, I have successfully managed to get him through 12 years of school and to the age of 18 alive. No small accomplishment, that. Today he called for a ride home after he rode the bus most of the way to our house. As it was about 90 degrees outside, I obliged. I'm a good mom, plus it got me out of a very hot house and into the sweet deliciousness of my air conditioned vehicle. My oldest and youngest daughters went along for the ride and they spotted The Boy before I did. "What's up with his pants?" Indeed. The operative word for his pants was up . He wears those extremely skinny jeans and he'd rolled them up to about knee level and he was walking towards us with a grimace on his face. He was in pain. You see, five hours earlier, in the throes of near heat exhaustion, he rolled the legs of his pants up and then his legs swelled up. He was unable to remove his own pants or roll down what he...