Skip to main content

Ho, ho, ho, cough, sputter, choke, gag....

It's over. And according to a commercial on televsion tonight, there are only 364 days until the next one. Remind me to write a letter to the person who wrote that ad, and then hunt him/her down and hurt him/her. It's like someone asking a woman who has just given birth, when's the next baby coming?


Ok, here's the low-down, the 411, the truth the whole truth and the whole enchilada. For the record, there were no enchiladas involved in the sumptuous meals during the past two days. Christmas Eve there were two dinners. First at my sister's house, and we had pigs in a blanket, potato salad, ham, lots of cookies and goodies.

Here's my Ashley, my father and my Allison that night.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My sister gave our father one of the best and funniest presents that night. It's the biggest remote I've ever seen. We're not saying that his sight is going....but um...his sight is going.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When my older sister Cheri was brought in, she was in her extreme happy mode. She lives for Christmas every year We sang carols to her and she bounced up and down in her wheelchair and waved her arm in the air. It was a beautiful thing.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Allison wore the santa hat for fun.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


After that dinner, we had to dash (it was more like swim due to the incredible rain hitting our windshields) to Hubby's sister's house for the annual Christmas Eve dinner there.

Here's the pretty table.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And here's the delicious spread. Ummmm....asparagus. I brought two spinach quiches and there was roast beef, fruit platters, and other yummy stuff.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here's Ashley snuggling up to Grandpa Roger.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Dinner was delicious, then there was the frenzied present opening and the more than frightening drive home. It felt like there was a hose aimed at my windshield.

We put the children to bed so Santa could come the following morning and then we stayed up far later than we should have in order to make certain the big fat jolly guy arrived. The next morning the children found their presents and all were pleased.

Santa left one hundred dollars in $1 bills for Christoper in order to help him start his savings account for a dirt bike. He was so happy.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Allison and Ashley were given bears from Stephanie. She got them from Build A Bear and you can see how thrilled Ally was here...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ally got a cool outfit from her Auntie Tara, who also spent the week with us here.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Since our Suburban was out of commision (more on that another time) Lance's father drove an hour and a half to our house to drive me to the next party on our list of parties. It was at his uncle's home over in Indianola on the water. Sooooo beautiful.

Here's Ashley and Ally on the long dock there.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ashley loved the dock, but suggested that I pay her five dollars for taking her picture here. I declined to acquiese to her request.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here's the wonderful father in law who drove so far to bring me to the party. I'd intended to send the family off in our small car to the party, as there wasn't room for everyone. I'm very glad that Doug came to get me. It was a wonderful family party, and I learned some family stories that I'd never known before. Some would be useful for blackmail purposes at a later date.

Here's my chauffeur.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I promise, only two more pictures. If you've read this thus far, I'm a little concerned about your lack of a life.

Here's Ashley sitting on her cousin Nick's lap with his wife Andrea at Bobby's house in Indianola.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And my last photo, my son Christopher with his....um...second cousin? Ross. Isn't he a cutie? Thirteen years old and as fearless as my son which should frighten his parents a great deal. They were both 'road surfing' in the dark. This means they were both on skateboards, hurtling down the hills of Indianola in the dark. Yeah, that's a smart thing to do. Here's the two dare devils..

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Twas a wonderful two days and I'm grateful they are now over. Just another 364 days until the next one. Grrrrrrrrr!

Comments

  1. Right. I've worked my way through that. Now you've got to go over to my place, and read about our trip to Finland.


    No, you don't have to really.

    And what aren't there any pictures of you? Can't anyone else use the camera? Or are you frightened of scaring Tommy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'What aren't'? I meant 'why aren't' of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that should be "What? Aren't..." :)

    What a Merry Christmas! Other than the torrential rain, just what did you guys do to my Washington? It was never like this when I lived there!

    And yeah I could live with out hearing about 364 more days until the next one, but my kids are already thinking of new Christmas lists, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave, I will run over to your blog and read about your trip to Finland. I had a friend who lived there for 18 months several years ago and she loved the place.

    Sketchy, this morning we woke up to snow. Yes, we're ruining your Washington. We don't want any more people moving here, as it's crowded enough as it is. Except for you, of course. You may come back at any time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead....tell me the truth :)

Popular posts from this blog

A Poem to an Abusive Man

I've been doing a bit of research on abuse, domestic violence and how it usually ends. It's not pretty and it's painful and I hurt every time I read another woman's tale of horror.

Did you know that emotional abuse is as detrimental as physical abuse? And that most emotional abusers continue on to become physical abusers? I didn't. I do now. I found a site where formerly abused women, on the path to recovery from their abusers, have written poems. This one below is one that haunted me.

Thank You

You wooed me with poetry
I bit on the hook
Had I only first read
The name of the book

I would have avoided
The very first page
For pages kept turning
Revealing the rage

The ups were a great high
The ride was a bash
But I rode with my eyes closed
To avoid seeing the crash
I knew it would come soon
But I never knew when
The rage and the leaving
And the path to the end

You had to control things
Determined you would
Emotionally destroying me
Every way that you could

I'll Love You Forever, I'll Like You For Always...

I rely on the kindness of strangers...

Or not so much strangers as readers of my miserable blog.

I received a beautiful card in the mail from my long-tine reader (perhaps my ONLY reader) that lifted my heart. Thank you, G. Parkes. It was kind of you to think of me. Seriously---you are so sweet. Thank you.

Perhaps we can meet in person one day. I'll be in Utah after Conference. We'll see how it goes.

I've been caring for my autistic grandson since July. It seems longer sometimes---and that's not a complaint. I adore this little man. He holds my heart. He fills my arms and my heart in the way that my own small babies used to do. When mine reached the age where they didn't want to be in my arms any longer, I felt their absence. Their absence from my arms was heavier than actually having them in my arms. It was an ache that is difficult to describe, a phantom pain where something once was but now is no longer.

Before my husband and I went to the cabin th…

I'm Sick. And the election isn't helping.

I spoke too soon about feeling better. My grandson was delightful enough to share his virus with me, so I've spent the past five days losing everything from both ends. It hasn't been pretty.

As a weight loss program though...

At least one end of me has stopped spewing. Now I wait for the other end to stop pretending to be filled with hot lava and erupting without much notice. Sorry, this is what is called over-sharing. Apparently I'm very good at it. You're welcome.

Last night I walked around the block with hubby and our adorable puppy. It was the first time I've been out of the house in five days. It was lovely, even though I was very shaky. Today I actually tried to accomplish something. I sat at my jewelry table, moved my seaglass around. Picked up pieces and played them through my hands. Such beautfy that came from something considered useless garbage and tossed away. I love my sea glass. It gives me the happies.

I also had a severe case of J…