Skip to main content

This is what happens when you refuse to allow me to take a picture of you on your first day of school as a senior.

First, I take you to the doctor. Yes, I know you're a senior in high school today. I get that. I do. I realize my insignifcance in your life. No, you really don't have to spend the entire time there pretending to text all your friends. I'm used to being ignored by you. So, here we are at the doctor so she can have a look at your pus filled toe. No, go ahead. Text away. I have plans for you.

Photobucket


Those plans? Well, they involve not one but two (count'em, TWO) sharp pointy needles that will be pushed into your arm.

Oh sure, feign indifference. I know you're scared.

Photobucket


Get ready, get set........POKE!

Oh c'mon... at least give me the satisfaction of wincing.

No?

Phooey.

Photobucket


I'll just have to find a different way to break through that I'm-the-coolest-thing-since-sliced-bread facade.

Don't worry. It'll come to me.

Comments

  1. Hi Pammy, I've been reading quietly till today, but the sight of this young man coldly standing the two shots like 'nothing happens', made me smile.

    I still cheat my 7 and 5 yr olds when it's 'vaccine day'. I always promise them it won't hurt and give them a hug and a candy right after. I supose you had a similar recipe. (I'm learning here... in a few years they'll be teens!).

    PS.- I hope there's no strike. Cross my fingers. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh...my senior is not quite mature enough to be 'cool'. lol. My 7th grader was thrilled to be going too. I even convinced my senior to pay most of his fees....ha ha ha! I still can't believe he's my second one...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead....tell me the truth :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ahhhhhh

Ally and I just got back from the gym. I went every day last week and even though it's Spring break for the kids and me this week, I promised myself I wouldn't fall off the wagon. No, not that one. I've fallen off so many times I've got callouses and other assorted damages from hitting the ground. We'll see how this works out this time. One day at a time, right? I can't do more than I can do. Whoa, how profound is that? You're right. Not very. I'm fighting a cold right now---scratchy painful throat, ears that won't unplug and a heavy feeling in my chest that I fear does not bode well for the rest of the week. Not that we're taking a vacation. We'd love to of course, but what with times the way they are and the things we need to get done here, it simply wasn't an option. So what are we doing for our spectacular spring break? I'm glad you asked. We're cleaning! Yes, you heard right. And my kids (Ok, the younger ones at an...

Wheeeeeeee!

Today I was awakened to the not-so-delightful sounds of enormous dump trucks, (you know the ones that are a dump truck and they haul a trailer behind?) dumping truck load after truck load of dirt behind my house. Then the most incredibly noisey and squeaky (do they not grease the tracks on those things??) grader began shoving the dirt and rocks around. I had to fight the urge to throw a can of WD40 over the fence to the driver. It wasn't even eight in the morning. It wasn't even 7:30 yet. So I reluctantly arose from my bed and cleaned up the kitchen. After it was spotless, I went back upstairs to my freeze-zone (the only room in the house with AC) to do some online banking and make calls to check on medical bills, etc. As I was finishing up, in walks my husband! At first I had a moment of Oh-no-he's-lost-his-job terror. Then it passed after he smiled. Seems they ran out of work for the day. Odd, but then that's Boeing. So hubby was roped into going school cloth...

The Boy

Will Soon Be Graduating From High School This means, in some small measure, I have successfully managed to get him through 12 years of school and to the age of 18 alive. No small accomplishment, that. Today he called for a ride home after he rode the bus most of the way to our house. As it was about 90 degrees outside, I obliged. I'm a good mom, plus it got me out of a very hot house and into the sweet deliciousness of my air conditioned vehicle. My oldest and youngest daughters went along for the ride and they spotted The Boy before I did. "What's up with his pants?" Indeed. The operative word for his pants was up . He wears those extremely skinny jeans and he'd rolled them up to about knee level and he was walking towards us with a grimace on his face. He was in pain. You see, five hours earlier, in the throes of near heat exhaustion, he rolled the legs of his pants up and then his legs swelled up. He was unable to remove his own pants or roll down what he...