Skip to main content

The Boy Never Listens To His Mama

He's had an ingrown toenail since the dawn of time----or about three to four years. It just seems like the dawn of time.

This is what happens when your child is no longer small enough for you to bathe. You don't get to see their bodies and examine them for...oh, you know, life threatening items like infections that swell up the affected body part to twice it's size and cause it to ooze puss for months. Moms know that this is a bad things---teenage boys don't care. The more puss the better! Swelling? COOL! Can I shoot that puss out and hit my friend with it? EVER COOLER!

Then of course it's not so much fun when the pain becomes too much for their teenage-bravado to handle. This is when they mention it to their parents.

He's had three procedures on it already. None took. Now he's had another one and is scheduled for actual surgery on the toe to do some major slicing and dicing.

See what happens when you don't listen to your mama???

Click to play Chris' Toe
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

Comments

  1. Sorry, missed that. What did you say? Something of consequence?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only I had a rolled up newspaper right about now... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, kind of gross and I'm so not looking forward to teenage boys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't say as I blame you! I mean, there are good things and bad things, as with every aspect of child rearing.

    But sometimes the gross factor is pretty high.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't say as I blame you! I mean, there are good things and bad things, as with every aspect of child rearing.

    But sometimes the gross factor is pretty high.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well of course boys don't listen to their moms. That would irrevocably shift the balance of life and usher in the End Times.

    Well, until they actually NEED to talk, as you described. Then it's acceptable in maledom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WW, I do believe the End of Times has already arrived. I knew this was coming when my son actually spoke to me about his toe. Well, that was my first clue. The second? He was looking me in the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG... That presentation was hilarious! Even if it did make the California Rolls I just ate want to come back up...

    my word verification: bzrro

    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kindness honey, you should count your blessings that you weren't in the room to see it shooting out of the mess of a toe he's got. Ugh.

    I swear, boys are aliens.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ICK!!!!
    cami has had a couple, one which required antibiotics.
    do we have to help them with clipping til they're out of the house?
    yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kelly, yes. I think that's covered on page 3785, section D of the parenting manual we were all given at their births. We, as their mothers, are responsible for all clipping until they leave home.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead....tell me the truth :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ahhhhhh

Ally and I just got back from the gym. I went every day last week and even though it's Spring break for the kids and me this week, I promised myself I wouldn't fall off the wagon. No, not that one. I've fallen off so many times I've got callouses and other assorted damages from hitting the ground. We'll see how this works out this time. One day at a time, right? I can't do more than I can do. Whoa, how profound is that? You're right. Not very. I'm fighting a cold right now---scratchy painful throat, ears that won't unplug and a heavy feeling in my chest that I fear does not bode well for the rest of the week. Not that we're taking a vacation. We'd love to of course, but what with times the way they are and the things we need to get done here, it simply wasn't an option. So what are we doing for our spectacular spring break? I'm glad you asked. We're cleaning! Yes, you heard right. And my kids (Ok, the younger ones at an...

Wheeeeeeee!

Today I was awakened to the not-so-delightful sounds of enormous dump trucks, (you know the ones that are a dump truck and they haul a trailer behind?) dumping truck load after truck load of dirt behind my house. Then the most incredibly noisey and squeaky (do they not grease the tracks on those things??) grader began shoving the dirt and rocks around. I had to fight the urge to throw a can of WD40 over the fence to the driver. It wasn't even eight in the morning. It wasn't even 7:30 yet. So I reluctantly arose from my bed and cleaned up the kitchen. After it was spotless, I went back upstairs to my freeze-zone (the only room in the house with AC) to do some online banking and make calls to check on medical bills, etc. As I was finishing up, in walks my husband! At first I had a moment of Oh-no-he's-lost-his-job terror. Then it passed after he smiled. Seems they ran out of work for the day. Odd, but then that's Boeing. So hubby was roped into going school cloth...

The Boy

Will Soon Be Graduating From High School This means, in some small measure, I have successfully managed to get him through 12 years of school and to the age of 18 alive. No small accomplishment, that. Today he called for a ride home after he rode the bus most of the way to our house. As it was about 90 degrees outside, I obliged. I'm a good mom, plus it got me out of a very hot house and into the sweet deliciousness of my air conditioned vehicle. My oldest and youngest daughters went along for the ride and they spotted The Boy before I did. "What's up with his pants?" Indeed. The operative word for his pants was up . He wears those extremely skinny jeans and he'd rolled them up to about knee level and he was walking towards us with a grimace on his face. He was in pain. You see, five hours earlier, in the throes of near heat exhaustion, he rolled the legs of his pants up and then his legs swelled up. He was unable to remove his own pants or roll down what he...