Skip to main content

Sick

My entire digestive tract has been in spasm since last night. I really thought I was going to toss my cookies around 3 a.m. so I went downstairs as quickly as I could (the bathroom upstairs isn't working) and then I lay on the couch for a few hours in pain.

Ugh.

The girls wanted to get out for a while and do something while we had the car. (Have I mentioned that having just one vehicle is horrible??) so we went down to the humane society to get a dog license for Cassie and look at all the cute doggies and kitties there. Then we stopped at Safeway to get some drinks and went to Carkeek Park for a few minutes before we had to get home and get hubby off to work. I never got out of the car at the store or the park. I was in too much pain. Talking hurt. Breathing wasn't much better. I took two sips of water and thought I had swallowed razor blades.

No, not my best day ever.

I then slept for a while at home. Home. I guess I mean my Dad's house. Is this my home? I'm struggling here...and for reasons I'd rather not go into in a public way.

I feel badly for my girls when I'm like this and can't even be there for them or do things with them.

And if we don't get another car or find a way to get him to work via carpool, camel or magic carpet, I'm going to lose what's left of my mind.

Comments

  1. Sypathy on the health front.

    Get him a bike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Pamela,

    I sure hope you get back to feeling better soon. I was up in your part of the woods not long ago and thought of you... figured you didn't need any extra stuff on your plate so I didn't email you...

    Your part of the country is so beautiful... made all the more lovely because you live there. Hope to visit again soon.

    Chin up and know you are in my prayers. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave, thank you. I hope your health is improving as well. How are things on that front?

    Kindness, you were here? And no email???? Girl, next time you let me know. No matter how much I have on my plate, I still have time to meet with dear friends.

    As for feeling better, I awoke with a migraine this morning, which then turned into an ocular migraine wherein I lost vision for a bit. That was fun. Now the painful migraine has returned.

    Really, I love stress. It's a wonderful thing. Truly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead....tell me the truth :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ahhhhhh

Ally and I just got back from the gym. I went every day last week and even though it's Spring break for the kids and me this week, I promised myself I wouldn't fall off the wagon. No, not that one. I've fallen off so many times I've got callouses and other assorted damages from hitting the ground. We'll see how this works out this time. One day at a time, right? I can't do more than I can do. Whoa, how profound is that? You're right. Not very. I'm fighting a cold right now---scratchy painful throat, ears that won't unplug and a heavy feeling in my chest that I fear does not bode well for the rest of the week. Not that we're taking a vacation. We'd love to of course, but what with times the way they are and the things we need to get done here, it simply wasn't an option. So what are we doing for our spectacular spring break? I'm glad you asked. We're cleaning! Yes, you heard right. And my kids (Ok, the younger ones at an...

Wheeeeeeee!

Today I was awakened to the not-so-delightful sounds of enormous dump trucks, (you know the ones that are a dump truck and they haul a trailer behind?) dumping truck load after truck load of dirt behind my house. Then the most incredibly noisey and squeaky (do they not grease the tracks on those things??) grader began shoving the dirt and rocks around. I had to fight the urge to throw a can of WD40 over the fence to the driver. It wasn't even eight in the morning. It wasn't even 7:30 yet. So I reluctantly arose from my bed and cleaned up the kitchen. After it was spotless, I went back upstairs to my freeze-zone (the only room in the house with AC) to do some online banking and make calls to check on medical bills, etc. As I was finishing up, in walks my husband! At first I had a moment of Oh-no-he's-lost-his-job terror. Then it passed after he smiled. Seems they ran out of work for the day. Odd, but then that's Boeing. So hubby was roped into going school cloth...

The Boy

Will Soon Be Graduating From High School This means, in some small measure, I have successfully managed to get him through 12 years of school and to the age of 18 alive. No small accomplishment, that. Today he called for a ride home after he rode the bus most of the way to our house. As it was about 90 degrees outside, I obliged. I'm a good mom, plus it got me out of a very hot house and into the sweet deliciousness of my air conditioned vehicle. My oldest and youngest daughters went along for the ride and they spotted The Boy before I did. "What's up with his pants?" Indeed. The operative word for his pants was up . He wears those extremely skinny jeans and he'd rolled them up to about knee level and he was walking towards us with a grimace on his face. He was in pain. You see, five hours earlier, in the throes of near heat exhaustion, he rolled the legs of his pants up and then his legs swelled up. He was unable to remove his own pants or roll down what he...