Skip to main content

Thankful

Despite what many of you may think---I am thankful for many things in my life. Many, many things. Even the hard things that have made me stronger, though I might not have seen it at the time. It's never fun going through the refiners fire but it's always worth it.

I'm grateful for my husband. He's the kindest, most gentle man on the planet. We have been through a great deal in our marriage and he's either a glutton for punishment or he really loves me because he's still by my side. He's always been a hard worker and good provider for the family. I love him.

I'm thankful for my oldest daughter Stephanie--or Tep as the kids call her. Nearly 21 years ago she made me a mommy for the first time. She taught me the real meaning of love and how you can absolutely love another person so much that you would literally walk through fire for them. I admire her dedication to her physical health and I'm grateful that she's beginning to see the benefits of filling her spiritual side as well.

I'm thankful for my son--The Boy--who has taught me I was right when I thought that males were from another planet. I'm thankful for his maturity in taking over his personal finances and purchasing his own car this year.

I'm very thankful for my Allison Marie. She has the sweetest, most sensitive heart. I'm grateful for her laughter and for her love and for having her. Her sense of humor nearly puts me on the floor at times. Through her I have learned so much.

I'm thankful for Ashley Rose. Through her circumstances of birth and health I have come to be a stronger person. I have also become acquainted with many people I would never otherwise have met and they have become dear friends. I'm thankful that Ashley will still cuddle with me, that she will still hold my hand and she will hug me. I'm thankful that she feeds my mommy-heart when I most need it filled.

I am grateful for gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. I'm thankful for the spirit in my life and the little nudges I receive. I'm thankful for the blessing I receive and the strength given to me when I read the scriptures, when I pray and when I attend the temple.

I'm thankful for all of you--my friends and family--both in the real world and in the virtual. I'm even thankful for the person who hit our car and didn't leave a note. I'm thankful for the other guy who hit our car and did leave a note. I'm thankful that the basement is flooded and adding excitement to our Thanksgiving day.

What are YOU thankful for?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peace Begins with You

In my readings this week, I came across a video of Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin. He gave a talk entitled, "Peace Within." Who doesn't want peace? Who doesn't crave peace within their soul? In their lives? In their hearts and in their homes? How often do we have complete peace? I'd say my answer would have to be that there isn't enough peace in my life, heart or home. It's not like I live in a warzone--I do not. I'm blessed to live in a nation where I have freedoms granted to me by the founding fathers and I do not risk being struck down by bombs or shot by snipers when I venture forth from my home. My neighborhood is relatively safe, so much so that I take solo walks. The peace I speak of is something different. It's the peace that can be with me no matter my circumstances. I crave that peace. Elder Wirthlin says that peace begins in the hearts of righteous individuals. How does it begin? With a relationship with our creator. In ferven

Wheeeeeeee!

Today I was awakened to the not-so-delightful sounds of enormous dump trucks, (you know the ones that are a dump truck and they haul a trailer behind?) dumping truck load after truck load of dirt behind my house. Then the most incredibly noisey and squeaky (do they not grease the tracks on those things??) grader began shoving the dirt and rocks around. I had to fight the urge to throw a can of WD40 over the fence to the driver. It wasn't even eight in the morning. It wasn't even 7:30 yet. So I reluctantly arose from my bed and cleaned up the kitchen. After it was spotless, I went back upstairs to my freeze-zone (the only room in the house with AC) to do some online banking and make calls to check on medical bills, etc. As I was finishing up, in walks my husband! At first I had a moment of Oh-no-he's-lost-his-job terror. Then it passed after he smiled. Seems they ran out of work for the day. Odd, but then that's Boeing. So hubby was roped into going school cloth

She's Something...

Most of you know that I've got four children. My eldest is seventeen. Oh heavens...how did that happen? Wasn't I just seventeen the other day? I'm sure I was.... Well, she's amazing. I know the majority of mothers have very high compliments to pay their children--and rightly so. However, my baby girl is astounding by anyone's standards. She is going to high school and college at the same time. In high school she's taking mostly AP (Advanced Placement) classes, which also count for college credits. She gets up at five a.m. every morning, goes to Seminary, then goes to school, she works four hours daily as an office manager at Winderemere Real Estate. She speaks Spanish, plays piano, guitar and flute. She goes to the gym daily and it shows. This was her yesterday. This is a picture I just took of her, after getting her braces put on. Now, having said that she is gifted and talented, I should ammend this post to tell you the following. She just got home