Skip to main content

Courage....

I learned it from my daughter. This is Miss Ashley Rose, taken this month at my Aunt Helen's funeral.

Ashley at Autie Helens funeral


If you look closely (and you'd have to look closely because it's not easy to see unless you're looking for it) you'll see that her right hand is paralyzed. My little angel had a stroke in the womb. The right side of her body doesn't work like everyone else's does. She has defined courage for me since her birth 9 short years ago.

Not expected to walk, much less talk, my baby angel is a walking talking miracle with more courage in her little pinky than most have in their entire, healthy bodies.

As most of you know, I've been having some health issues lately. Today I was finally told what's wrong with me. I have Multiple Sclerosis.

I will not let it beat me. I have a courageous little angel who has shown me the way and I will not let her down. I can't.

I can beat this. I will beat this.

Comments

  1. Anonymous9:32 PM

    your daughter, ma'am, is someone to aspire to be like. follow her lead example. stay positive. live life with joy in you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't mind, I shall remember you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With your personal arsenal of Faith, Resolve, and Sense of Humour, there is NOTHING on this Earth that is going to get in your way.
    Of this I have no doubts whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This needs to be faced with courage, spirit, and humor. Luckily, you seem to be the Northwest U. S. distributor or these qualities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when people share these sort of real life stories, kinda makes ya feel good and sad all at the same time..........aye!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Pam. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas to you too. :)

    Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts.

    I'm doing all right. I have a wonderfully supportive family, how could I not?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pam, I'm just playing guilty catch up so have just read your news. I can only wish you all the best in the world and hope that you're able to draw whatever strength you need from wherever it's available. In the meantime, Merry Christmas and much love and happiness. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Day Pammy - not sure if mormons celebrate Xmas or not. Re your illness, I ain't much good at sympathy and stuff, but love you babe - take care.
    Btw, the other day I called a feminist 'babe' by mistake, boy did I get balled out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead....tell me the truth :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ahhhhhh

Ally and I just got back from the gym. I went every day last week and even though it's Spring break for the kids and me this week, I promised myself I wouldn't fall off the wagon. No, not that one. I've fallen off so many times I've got callouses and other assorted damages from hitting the ground. We'll see how this works out this time. One day at a time, right? I can't do more than I can do. Whoa, how profound is that? You're right. Not very. I'm fighting a cold right now---scratchy painful throat, ears that won't unplug and a heavy feeling in my chest that I fear does not bode well for the rest of the week. Not that we're taking a vacation. We'd love to of course, but what with times the way they are and the things we need to get done here, it simply wasn't an option. So what are we doing for our spectacular spring break? I'm glad you asked. We're cleaning! Yes, you heard right. And my kids (Ok, the younger ones at an...

Wheeeeeeee!

Today I was awakened to the not-so-delightful sounds of enormous dump trucks, (you know the ones that are a dump truck and they haul a trailer behind?) dumping truck load after truck load of dirt behind my house. Then the most incredibly noisey and squeaky (do they not grease the tracks on those things??) grader began shoving the dirt and rocks around. I had to fight the urge to throw a can of WD40 over the fence to the driver. It wasn't even eight in the morning. It wasn't even 7:30 yet. So I reluctantly arose from my bed and cleaned up the kitchen. After it was spotless, I went back upstairs to my freeze-zone (the only room in the house with AC) to do some online banking and make calls to check on medical bills, etc. As I was finishing up, in walks my husband! At first I had a moment of Oh-no-he's-lost-his-job terror. Then it passed after he smiled. Seems they ran out of work for the day. Odd, but then that's Boeing. So hubby was roped into going school cloth...

The Boy

Will Soon Be Graduating From High School This means, in some small measure, I have successfully managed to get him through 12 years of school and to the age of 18 alive. No small accomplishment, that. Today he called for a ride home after he rode the bus most of the way to our house. As it was about 90 degrees outside, I obliged. I'm a good mom, plus it got me out of a very hot house and into the sweet deliciousness of my air conditioned vehicle. My oldest and youngest daughters went along for the ride and they spotted The Boy before I did. "What's up with his pants?" Indeed. The operative word for his pants was up . He wears those extremely skinny jeans and he'd rolled them up to about knee level and he was walking towards us with a grimace on his face. He was in pain. You see, five hours earlier, in the throes of near heat exhaustion, he rolled the legs of his pants up and then his legs swelled up. He was unable to remove his own pants or roll down what he...