Skip to main content

T-mobile hot spots

I'm such a newbie to this whole wi-fi hotspot starbucks thing. When I purchased a day pass on Thursday to work on my laptop there I assumed that the 24 hour pass I bought could be used anytime until the time was up.

Turns out it's a consecutive pass, meaning to take full advantage of it I'd have to be here at Starbucks for a full 24 hours. Now I don't know about you, but hello?? I don't know of a 24 hour starbucks and I certainly would not and COULD not spend a full 24 hours there working.

In the first place, my brain would explode from attempting to write 24 hours non-stop, secondly, I'd be buying too many caramel apple ciders and eat up any writing profits I'd hope to make during that time. It's not exactly a win-win.

So when I couldn't sign in today you can understand my confusion when it said I had to buy more time. I called, they understood my problem and gave me another day pass, that I have to use for a consecutive 24 hours to receive the full benefit.

It's nearly four here. This means I won't get to leave until four tomorrow. I'm sure the staff will understand when I tell them I can't possibly leave because I'll lose money.

Perhaps I should handcuff myself to the espresso machine.

Comments

  1. HAHAHA!
    Do they give you a catheter? Which means that you will still have to be physically connected anyway.
    Wi-fi must stand for something else..I can guess the w and f. Actually if you use a Nor'Eastern accent it makes perfect sense.

    HAHAHA you are a riot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have asked them if their wi-fi service came with a free catheter! Of course!

    I'll be sure and ask them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how can you work in coffee shop? Isn't it full of kids? The one in town is - if I go in I can up the average age to oooooo about 18

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually this one was full of adults for the most part. The only distraction was that loud noise when they are making whatever it is they make when they use a machine that makes a loud noise. Since I don't drink coffee I have no idea what it is.

    But I'm done going there. I can't afford to pay ten dollars a day for Internet access each time I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God, I didn't realise you had to pay. I just went in there and set up the laptop and no-one said a word. Maybe in New Mexico it's different.
    For the record I think it is really mean to charge for a wi-fi connection. I always feel good about the businesses's that supply it for free. It's an old-fashioned idea charging for it - Starbucks (old hippies my arse) are way behind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It may very well be different in different places.

    All I know is....I had to pay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If there is a representative from Starbucks reading this thread, and they wish to catch up with Tom, please contact me. I refuse to pay an extra 25p for my decaffeinated soya mocha just because some layabout with outdated ideals thinks that it is OK to steal from a small business struggling to make its way in a very competitive world.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead....tell me the truth :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ahhhhhh

Ally and I just got back from the gym. I went every day last week and even though it's Spring break for the kids and me this week, I promised myself I wouldn't fall off the wagon. No, not that one. I've fallen off so many times I've got callouses and other assorted damages from hitting the ground. We'll see how this works out this time. One day at a time, right? I can't do more than I can do. Whoa, how profound is that? You're right. Not very. I'm fighting a cold right now---scratchy painful throat, ears that won't unplug and a heavy feeling in my chest that I fear does not bode well for the rest of the week. Not that we're taking a vacation. We'd love to of course, but what with times the way they are and the things we need to get done here, it simply wasn't an option. So what are we doing for our spectacular spring break? I'm glad you asked. We're cleaning! Yes, you heard right. And my kids (Ok, the younger ones at an...

Wheeeeeeee!

Today I was awakened to the not-so-delightful sounds of enormous dump trucks, (you know the ones that are a dump truck and they haul a trailer behind?) dumping truck load after truck load of dirt behind my house. Then the most incredibly noisey and squeaky (do they not grease the tracks on those things??) grader began shoving the dirt and rocks around. I had to fight the urge to throw a can of WD40 over the fence to the driver. It wasn't even eight in the morning. It wasn't even 7:30 yet. So I reluctantly arose from my bed and cleaned up the kitchen. After it was spotless, I went back upstairs to my freeze-zone (the only room in the house with AC) to do some online banking and make calls to check on medical bills, etc. As I was finishing up, in walks my husband! At first I had a moment of Oh-no-he's-lost-his-job terror. Then it passed after he smiled. Seems they ran out of work for the day. Odd, but then that's Boeing. So hubby was roped into going school cloth...

The Boy

Will Soon Be Graduating From High School This means, in some small measure, I have successfully managed to get him through 12 years of school and to the age of 18 alive. No small accomplishment, that. Today he called for a ride home after he rode the bus most of the way to our house. As it was about 90 degrees outside, I obliged. I'm a good mom, plus it got me out of a very hot house and into the sweet deliciousness of my air conditioned vehicle. My oldest and youngest daughters went along for the ride and they spotted The Boy before I did. "What's up with his pants?" Indeed. The operative word for his pants was up . He wears those extremely skinny jeans and he'd rolled them up to about knee level and he was walking towards us with a grimace on his face. He was in pain. You see, five hours earlier, in the throes of near heat exhaustion, he rolled the legs of his pants up and then his legs swelled up. He was unable to remove his own pants or roll down what he...