Skip to main content

My Birthday!

Thursday is my birthday. I won't tell you exactly how old I'll be, but suffice it to say that it's an anniversary of my 25th. No, I'm not 50, so hush.

For my birthday I'm launching a new writing business venture that I hope will be wildly successful.

I plan to donate a portion of the proceeds from this to Wonderland Developmental Center. This is where our baby Ashley was welcomed after her stroke. They taught her to talk, to walk, to be all that she could be, despite the limitations imposed upon her by her disability. Without their love and care, I'm not sure where she'd be today.

So, stay tuned for the link to my new venture. It will go LIVE on Thursday as a birthday present to myself and a huge thank you to the wonderful, caring staff at Wonderland Developmental Center.

Comments

  1. Makes note to send 68 candles to Washington State.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I love you too, vicus darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pammy, stay cool babe. I've really enjoyed the fifties. happy Birthday XXX
    PS 42 yeah? Phew, am I brave or stupid?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tommy dear, you may be a little bit of both! Kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I take it the family have recovered from their ailments in time for your festivities?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have tagged you for a meme challenge. Check out the rules here:
    http://anythingparenting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:09 AM

    Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Pamela. Happy birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead....tell me the truth :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ahhhhhh

Ally and I just got back from the gym. I went every day last week and even though it's Spring break for the kids and me this week, I promised myself I wouldn't fall off the wagon. No, not that one. I've fallen off so many times I've got callouses and other assorted damages from hitting the ground. We'll see how this works out this time. One day at a time, right? I can't do more than I can do. Whoa, how profound is that? You're right. Not very. I'm fighting a cold right now---scratchy painful throat, ears that won't unplug and a heavy feeling in my chest that I fear does not bode well for the rest of the week. Not that we're taking a vacation. We'd love to of course, but what with times the way they are and the things we need to get done here, it simply wasn't an option. So what are we doing for our spectacular spring break? I'm glad you asked. We're cleaning! Yes, you heard right. And my kids (Ok, the younger ones at an...

Wheeeeeeee!

Today I was awakened to the not-so-delightful sounds of enormous dump trucks, (you know the ones that are a dump truck and they haul a trailer behind?) dumping truck load after truck load of dirt behind my house. Then the most incredibly noisey and squeaky (do they not grease the tracks on those things??) grader began shoving the dirt and rocks around. I had to fight the urge to throw a can of WD40 over the fence to the driver. It wasn't even eight in the morning. It wasn't even 7:30 yet. So I reluctantly arose from my bed and cleaned up the kitchen. After it was spotless, I went back upstairs to my freeze-zone (the only room in the house with AC) to do some online banking and make calls to check on medical bills, etc. As I was finishing up, in walks my husband! At first I had a moment of Oh-no-he's-lost-his-job terror. Then it passed after he smiled. Seems they ran out of work for the day. Odd, but then that's Boeing. So hubby was roped into going school cloth...

The Boy

Will Soon Be Graduating From High School This means, in some small measure, I have successfully managed to get him through 12 years of school and to the age of 18 alive. No small accomplishment, that. Today he called for a ride home after he rode the bus most of the way to our house. As it was about 90 degrees outside, I obliged. I'm a good mom, plus it got me out of a very hot house and into the sweet deliciousness of my air conditioned vehicle. My oldest and youngest daughters went along for the ride and they spotted The Boy before I did. "What's up with his pants?" Indeed. The operative word for his pants was up . He wears those extremely skinny jeans and he'd rolled them up to about knee level and he was walking towards us with a grimace on his face. He was in pain. You see, five hours earlier, in the throes of near heat exhaustion, he rolled the legs of his pants up and then his legs swelled up. He was unable to remove his own pants or roll down what he...