Skip to main content

Mother's Day Gifts

First of all, thank you all for your sweet comments about the loss of a beloved pet. I want to let you all know that, for whatever reason, my baby boy is recovering and is not dead. My children have been praying for him, and we have been loving him and two days ago he got up and began taking water and food. We were warned this might be a last rally before he succumbs to whatever it is that he has...but since it's continuing on, I'm hopeful that he's going to come all the way out of this now.

Best Mother's Day presesnt EVER!!.

I was treated to breakfast in bed by my husband and children. So sweet....I am truly blessed to have them in my life.

It's on days like this that I miss my mom, gone these past five years. I miss her....

Comments

  1. Oh Pammy... I lost my oldest girl kitty not long ago... I am sending good thoughts and energy Bobo's way. Tell the girl's to be strong and share this poem with them should you need it.

    Big HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pammy, I just read the post about your cat, I am so glad he's not dead!
    About missing your mom, I understand you completely. I lost my dad 18 years ago and I think of him every day! I'm glad Mother's Day was nice! Sending you a big hug {{{{{{ Pammy }}}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's hoping kitty will pull through for you all. Keep hoping!

    I miss my mom a lot on these days too. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mothers Day Pamela and that's fantastic about your beloved Bobo. We buried our dog on our property and my daughter was forever sitting by the grave crying. It wrenched my heart out. I do so love a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  5. right on for kitty!
    lordy, i hope it wasn't that pet food thing thats in the news.

    happy mothers day belatedly, pammy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead....tell me the truth :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ahhhhhh

Ally and I just got back from the gym. I went every day last week and even though it's Spring break for the kids and me this week, I promised myself I wouldn't fall off the wagon. No, not that one. I've fallen off so many times I've got callouses and other assorted damages from hitting the ground. We'll see how this works out this time. One day at a time, right? I can't do more than I can do. Whoa, how profound is that? You're right. Not very. I'm fighting a cold right now---scratchy painful throat, ears that won't unplug and a heavy feeling in my chest that I fear does not bode well for the rest of the week. Not that we're taking a vacation. We'd love to of course, but what with times the way they are and the things we need to get done here, it simply wasn't an option. So what are we doing for our spectacular spring break? I'm glad you asked. We're cleaning! Yes, you heard right. And my kids (Ok, the younger ones at an...

Wheeeeeeee!

Today I was awakened to the not-so-delightful sounds of enormous dump trucks, (you know the ones that are a dump truck and they haul a trailer behind?) dumping truck load after truck load of dirt behind my house. Then the most incredibly noisey and squeaky (do they not grease the tracks on those things??) grader began shoving the dirt and rocks around. I had to fight the urge to throw a can of WD40 over the fence to the driver. It wasn't even eight in the morning. It wasn't even 7:30 yet. So I reluctantly arose from my bed and cleaned up the kitchen. After it was spotless, I went back upstairs to my freeze-zone (the only room in the house with AC) to do some online banking and make calls to check on medical bills, etc. As I was finishing up, in walks my husband! At first I had a moment of Oh-no-he's-lost-his-job terror. Then it passed after he smiled. Seems they ran out of work for the day. Odd, but then that's Boeing. So hubby was roped into going school cloth...

The Boy

Will Soon Be Graduating From High School This means, in some small measure, I have successfully managed to get him through 12 years of school and to the age of 18 alive. No small accomplishment, that. Today he called for a ride home after he rode the bus most of the way to our house. As it was about 90 degrees outside, I obliged. I'm a good mom, plus it got me out of a very hot house and into the sweet deliciousness of my air conditioned vehicle. My oldest and youngest daughters went along for the ride and they spotted The Boy before I did. "What's up with his pants?" Indeed. The operative word for his pants was up . He wears those extremely skinny jeans and he'd rolled them up to about knee level and he was walking towards us with a grimace on his face. He was in pain. You see, five hours earlier, in the throes of near heat exhaustion, he rolled the legs of his pants up and then his legs swelled up. He was unable to remove his own pants or roll down what he...