Skip to main content

Words from beyond the grave....

Ok, not really. It just feels like that to me right now. I did finally go to the doc and I have lots of medicine to take, some of which are making me feel worse and some of which render me unconscious. I'm rather liking that part.

At any rate, it's been a while since I've updated here on a personal note and not just my columns. We found a home for the two kittens, Tuna and Buttercup. We miss them horribly and here's the girls holding them before I took them off to meet their new human. I negotiated visitation rights with the man, and he promised to send pictures via email.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


This is the one I'm missing the most. The girls named him Tuna. He would lay in my arms for hours, like a baby, and sleep. His fur was the softest thing to my skin.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Last week the girls had an art show at their school. Here's Ashley with her masterpiece.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


And Allison with hers.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


In other, wonderful news. The Girl has been accepted to BYU and will be leaving us in late August. She has also garnered a scholarship for herself which may be a full ride. We find out more in a few weeks. She also got a job at See's Candies and will soon be sporting a lovely white dress with a rather large bow. She is not amused, but is happy to be once again among the employed.

The Boy has managed to stay alive and intact, despite spending time at Snoqualmie Falls, as shown here. That's him inside a huge tree.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


He spent last weekend up in Whistler B.C. doing that snowboarding thing and had a great time. He's a good kid.

Here is a pic Lance took of the falls this month when he went for a long drive by himself.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket




I'll leave you with two views I see every morning as I drive The Teenagers to seminary at 6:15 a.m. Two views of Mt. Rainier.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Oh yeah...I went a little blonder this month, in more ways than one. Here I am. Sorry, no smile. I was trying to see if I was getting me in my cell cam.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And so, life goes on in our household....

Comments

  1. LOOOOVE the blonde darling! congrats on the girl getting in school. tell her to pretend she's wearing chanel. that's what i do when i have to wear a uniform. also, the cats look lovely. lying in your arms for hours? how do you do it? bruiser doesn't do that except at the least convenient times possible. your family is beautiful. i hope you feel better soon. btw, my sink suddenly spit up some black nasty stuff. draino time? or should i call the landlord?
    inept renter,
    anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahem. I seem to have your cold. It is sitting on my chest, and I feel poorly. Did you not disinfect your keyboard before you started typing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is fantastic news about The Girl getting accepted at BYU + the scholarship! Congratulations. Hope you get to feeling better really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get better..........NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg! a scholarship to byu is not something they just go around handing out! way to go!!!!!!!!!
    i'm concerned about your health, though. steve is correct. get better at once. AT ONCE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pammy, just called by in time to catch up with all the news. Last time I passed by, you had dissappeared and someone was worrying about you. I'll try not to leave it so long again XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a congestive affliction for 4 bloody weeks! I finally started drinking from my little hand sanitizer bottle and that really got the ball rolling.
    Now I can breathe!
    but my stomach feels weird?

    Get better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead....tell me the truth :)

Popular posts from this blog

A Poem to an Abusive Man

I've been doing a bit of research on abuse, domestic violence and how it usually ends. It's not pretty and it's painful and I hurt every time I read another woman's tale of horror.

Did you know that emotional abuse is as detrimental as physical abuse? And that most emotional abusers continue on to become physical abusers? I didn't. I do now. I found a site where formerly abused women, on the path to recovery from their abusers, have written poems. This one below is one that haunted me.

Thank You

You wooed me with poetry
I bit on the hook
Had I only first read
The name of the book

I would have avoided
The very first page
For pages kept turning
Revealing the rage

The ups were a great high
The ride was a bash
But I rode with my eyes closed
To avoid seeing the crash
I knew it would come soon
But I never knew when
The rage and the leaving
And the path to the end

You had to control things
Determined you would
Emotionally destroying me
Every way that you could

I'll Love You Forever, I'll Like You For Always...

I rely on the kindness of strangers...

Or not so much strangers as readers of my miserable blog.

I received a beautiful card in the mail from my long-tine reader (perhaps my ONLY reader) that lifted my heart. Thank you, G. Parkes. It was kind of you to think of me. Seriously---you are so sweet. Thank you.

Perhaps we can meet in person one day. I'll be in Utah after Conference. We'll see how it goes.

I've been caring for my autistic grandson since July. It seems longer sometimes---and that's not a complaint. I adore this little man. He holds my heart. He fills my arms and my heart in the way that my own small babies used to do. When mine reached the age where they didn't want to be in my arms any longer, I felt their absence. Their absence from my arms was heavier than actually having them in my arms. It was an ache that is difficult to describe, a phantom pain where something once was but now is no longer.

Before my husband and I went to the cabin th…

I'm Sick. And the election isn't helping.

I spoke too soon about feeling better. My grandson was delightful enough to share his virus with me, so I've spent the past five days losing everything from both ends. It hasn't been pretty.

As a weight loss program though...

At least one end of me has stopped spewing. Now I wait for the other end to stop pretending to be filled with hot lava and erupting without much notice. Sorry, this is what is called over-sharing. Apparently I'm very good at it. You're welcome.

Last night I walked around the block with hubby and our adorable puppy. It was the first time I've been out of the house in five days. It was lovely, even though I was very shaky. Today I actually tried to accomplish something. I sat at my jewelry table, moved my seaglass around. Picked up pieces and played them through my hands. Such beautfy that came from something considered useless garbage and tossed away. I love my sea glass. It gives me the happies.

I also had a severe case of J…