Skip to main content

I Didn't Mean to Do It....

But somehow I managed to mess up Alli's 13th Birthday.

We were on our beach cabin vacation and then left to go to Sequim to see my Aunt and Uncle. It was the stepping off point for Twilight Twitterpation going to Forks and La Push where it was hoped we would see or at the very least some yummy werewolf boys like these , but no.

We did see the treaty line though.




And we saw the beaches there and other things but we never did see Edward, Jacob, Bella, Jasper, Alice, Rosalie, Esmee, or any La Push boys that could transform into werewolves.

After we left there, we took a detour up to Neah Bay. I was under the false impression that this was a resort area and would have some decent restaurants that we could visit for Alli's birthday dinner.

Boy was I wrong. There was nothing up there but the res. Ok, there was one place and that's where we stopped because we were all starving. A tiny little girl with no shoes on met us at the door. We found a table by ourselves and the little girl ran off to find us menus. Then our barefoot waitress came by.

Are you seeing a pattern here?

She got our orders wrong, didn't even bring Lance his food and then messed up the check. We had been given a birthday cake by my Aunt to take with us, so we brought that into the restaurant to try and sing happy birthday to the birthday girl. She was having none of it, so we took it back out to the suburban.

I told you that to tell you this: We went to Red Robin today to make up for our dismal failure on her actual birthday. Her boyfriend Jaryd joined us. Her friend Hayley (the one that went to the cabin with us) and her little sister joined us as well.

The food was great but Alli never touched hers. Jaryd wouldn't order anything. We finally convinced him to get a milkshake, which he then proceeded NOT to drink.

It was quite amusing to watch.

The best fun was when the workers came to sing happy birthday to her and present her with a hot fudge birthday sundae which she also didn't eat.

Hilarious.

Anway...Happy 13th Birthday my little Alli. We love you more then we can say.

Comments

  1. Can we have her hot fudge birthday sundae if she doesn't want it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, it was passed around the table and consumed---just not by the birthday girl.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead....tell me the truth :)

Popular posts from this blog

A Poem to an Abusive Man

I've been doing a bit of research on abuse, domestic violence and how it usually ends. It's not pretty and it's painful and I hurt every time I read another woman's tale of horror.

Did you know that emotional abuse is as detrimental as physical abuse? And that most emotional abusers continue on to become physical abusers? I didn't. I do now. I found a site where formerly abused women, on the path to recovery from their abusers, have written poems. This one below is one that haunted me.

Thank You

You wooed me with poetry
I bit on the hook
Had I only first read
The name of the book

I would have avoided
The very first page
For pages kept turning
Revealing the rage

The ups were a great high
The ride was a bash
But I rode with my eyes closed
To avoid seeing the crash
I knew it would come soon
But I never knew when
The rage and the leaving
And the path to the end

You had to control things
Determined you would
Emotionally destroying me
Every way that you could

I'll Love You Forever, I'll Like You For Always...

I rely on the kindness of strangers...

Or not so much strangers as readers of my miserable blog.

I received a beautiful card in the mail from my long-tine reader (perhaps my ONLY reader) that lifted my heart. Thank you, G. Parkes. It was kind of you to think of me. Seriously---you are so sweet. Thank you.

Perhaps we can meet in person one day. I'll be in Utah after Conference. We'll see how it goes.

I've been caring for my autistic grandson since July. It seems longer sometimes---and that's not a complaint. I adore this little man. He holds my heart. He fills my arms and my heart in the way that my own small babies used to do. When mine reached the age where they didn't want to be in my arms any longer, I felt their absence. Their absence from my arms was heavier than actually having them in my arms. It was an ache that is difficult to describe, a phantom pain where something once was but now is no longer.

Before my husband and I went to the cabin th…

I'm Sick. And the election isn't helping.

I spoke too soon about feeling better. My grandson was delightful enough to share his virus with me, so I've spent the past five days losing everything from both ends. It hasn't been pretty.

As a weight loss program though...

At least one end of me has stopped spewing. Now I wait for the other end to stop pretending to be filled with hot lava and erupting without much notice. Sorry, this is what is called over-sharing. Apparently I'm very good at it. You're welcome.

Last night I walked around the block with hubby and our adorable puppy. It was the first time I've been out of the house in five days. It was lovely, even though I was very shaky. Today I actually tried to accomplish something. I sat at my jewelry table, moved my seaglass around. Picked up pieces and played them through my hands. Such beautfy that came from something considered useless garbage and tossed away. I love my sea glass. It gives me the happies.

I also had a severe case of J…