Saturday, June 01, 2013

My Decisions

I'm still standing, after all this time....


Today I have made a decison. For me. To let go of all the toxic people and things in my life. I cannot forget---oh that I could----but I can choose not to let other people's decisions tear at my heart and my soul. I can walk away. I can and I will. From now on I will let go of the pain and the heartache I have allowed to seep into my soul.

I am only responsible for my decisions.
I will only keep people in my life that do not use me, abuse me, or bring me down.
I will walk in faith, knowing that everything is in His hands and give the control over to Him.
I will not be hurt by other people's opinions of me. It's my opinion that counts---not theirs.
I cannot save anyone--only He can.
I will not dwell on painful experiences.
I will seek His peace more fully in my life.
I will be happy.
I will write what I darn well please. When I please.
When I am feeling overwhelmed, I will walk away.
I will serve my husband and nurture our relationship, rather than let the decisions of others take over.
I will pray for peace.
I will attend the temple more regularly.
I will help those I CAN help, and not those who do not want to be helped.
I will be a better steward over my time and resources and heart.
Christ taught us to love everyone--I will do my best not to harden my heart and continue to love.

3 comments:

  1. Amen, Sister! Sing it, say it and let it go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annalee6:57 PM

    Christ also taught to turn the other cheek, he didn't say what set of cheeks to turn...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a mantra to live by! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....tell me the truth :)