Skip to main content

May...May....May....

May is coming, and coming fast. I know it doesn't come more quickly than any other month, it just seems to me that time is flying past me at warp speed. Soon it will be June. School will be out.

Tick Tock. Tick Tock.

Debido a la ultima post, que fue tan triste, cambiare' este post. No es que siento mas feliz, sino que se q' todo el mundo no quiere escuchar de mis tribulaciones. Hay bastantes, pero, pues.....hoy no.

Here's an encapsulated-Readers-Digest-Version of why we were in Eastern Washington yesterday. Two days previously, Lance and I had attempted some 'Time Alone'. Apparently 'Time Alone' means we get where we're going( Leavenworth), a pretty little Bavarian-esqu village over Steven's Pass, and our 'Time Alone' gets diverted into 'Whaddya-MEAN-BY-TRYING-TO-HAVE-ALONE-TIME?'. As we arrived, our suburban started sounding like a jet engine with a few bad parts. Plus, there was no oil pressure. 8 hours, $250 and one sister-driving-over-the-mountains-to-rescue-us-and-bring-us-home later, we were without our black beauty.

Black beauty was towed to another town, as apparently Leavenworth does not have heavy duty vehicle repair places to, you know, repair suburbans that sound like jet engines and have no discernible oil pressure.

The good news/weird news is, that the guy that 'fixed' it, didn't DO anything TO it. Meaning, he couldn't find anything wrong with it. It drove just dandy. Thankfully, he also didn't charge us anything for looking. I wanted to kiss that man. No, I didn't.

So, yesterday Lance and I took the Kia and drove back up to Leavenworth, past Leavenworth into the small suburb of Wenatchee called Cashmere. Doesn't that sound all soft and squishy? Cccaaassssshhhhhmere. Something you'd want to hold close to you. This place, um, not so much. Dry, and industrial-ish, but I still would have kissed that mechanic for not charging us a dime. He said that we'd had a bad enough time and he didn't want to add to it. There are nice people in this world. :)

On the way home, it was dark and rainy and the two lane road driving was difficult for my old eyes. As I've aged, night driving in the dark on a two lane road is not an optimal activity for me unless I want to meet my Maker and take others with me. Thankfully, we made it down the mountain and home. My eyes leaked the entire way..and Ashley held my hand and rubbed my arm and expressed her love to me. It wasn't so much the scary driving....as it was the pain in my heart over things I choose not to go into on this blog. My heart aches...and it causes my eyes to leak uncontrollably at times. I've sought comfort in blessings conversation and ....silence. I've had peace descend upon me at times...and at other times I feel as though I am being torn in half.

But I was not going to talk about that right now. I was going to count my blessings---and the greatest one I have is my wonderful husband. Loving, kind, forgiving, GIVING and sweet. I do not deserve him, but I am hourly grateful for him. Without him and the knowledge that we are sealed, I would not be able to withstand the tsunami of trials and tribulations that sweep me off my feet on a regular basis. I am blessed to have this man by my side.

He saves me daily.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Poem to an Abusive Man

I've been doing a bit of research on abuse, domestic violence and how it usually ends. It's not pretty and it's painful and I hurt every time I read another woman's tale of horror.

Did you know that emotional abuse is as detrimental as physical abuse? And that most emotional abusers continue on to become physical abusers? I didn't. I do now. I found a site where formerly abused women, on the path to recovery from their abusers, have written poems. This one below is one that haunted me.

Thank You

You wooed me with poetry
I bit on the hook
Had I only first read
The name of the book

I would have avoided
The very first page
For pages kept turning
Revealing the rage

The ups were a great high
The ride was a bash
But I rode with my eyes closed
To avoid seeing the crash
I knew it would come soon
But I never knew when
The rage and the leaving
And the path to the end

You had to control things
Determined you would
Emotionally destroying me
Every way that you could

I'll Love You Forever, I'll Like You For Always...

I rely on the kindness of strangers...

Or not so much strangers as readers of my miserable blog.

I received a beautiful card in the mail from my long-tine reader (perhaps my ONLY reader) that lifted my heart. Thank you, G. Parkes. It was kind of you to think of me. Seriously---you are so sweet. Thank you.

Perhaps we can meet in person one day. I'll be in Utah after Conference. We'll see how it goes.

I've been caring for my autistic grandson since July. It seems longer sometimes---and that's not a complaint. I adore this little man. He holds my heart. He fills my arms and my heart in the way that my own small babies used to do. When mine reached the age where they didn't want to be in my arms any longer, I felt their absence. Their absence from my arms was heavier than actually having them in my arms. It was an ache that is difficult to describe, a phantom pain where something once was but now is no longer.

Before my husband and I went to the cabin th…

I'm Sick. And the election isn't helping.

I spoke too soon about feeling better. My grandson was delightful enough to share his virus with me, so I've spent the past five days losing everything from both ends. It hasn't been pretty.

As a weight loss program though...

At least one end of me has stopped spewing. Now I wait for the other end to stop pretending to be filled with hot lava and erupting without much notice. Sorry, this is what is called over-sharing. Apparently I'm very good at it. You're welcome.

Last night I walked around the block with hubby and our adorable puppy. It was the first time I've been out of the house in five days. It was lovely, even though I was very shaky. Today I actually tried to accomplish something. I sat at my jewelry table, moved my seaglass around. Picked up pieces and played them through my hands. Such beautfy that came from something considered useless garbage and tossed away. I love my sea glass. It gives me the happies.

I also had a severe case of J…