Skip to main content

Lost Day...

Today was Monday, generally my most favorite day of the week, but alas, today fell quite short of my lofty ideal.

I have family coming from out of state for the holidays one of whom will be staying with us and I should have spent the day cleaning some part of our house. Apparently the house won't clean itself.

I've done not one lick of Christmas shopping for the children. I could have been out there pounding the pavement and contributing more to our debt. (I'm not sure that it's possible to make it worse than it is....but then again....) I certainly hope Santa can pick up the slack for me.

I have a great deal of Christmas baking to do. Did I do any? Nope. The kitchen is free from the enticing smells of cinnamon and sugar and savory goodness. Ingredients don't put themselves together all on their own.

The Christmas cards won't take it upon themselves to write themselves, and today proved just that.

My day was spent mostly in bed. I'm feeling a bit less awful this evening, but that's just the drugs talking.

Tick Tock Tick Tock.

Comments

  1. I took the day off today to do some of this stuff. So here I am on the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pammy, what's happening to you babe. I think you should have married a drop out like me then you could get away with making no effort whatsoever. Just invent a philosophy, you know, saying you are taking care of your carbon footprint, and then you can sit on your butt all day, no problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it just me or is there some bizarre link between Tom talking about "carbon footprints" and "sitting on his butt". I don't really want to think about it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead....tell me the truth :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ahhhhhh

Ally and I just got back from the gym. I went every day last week and even though it's Spring break for the kids and me this week, I promised myself I wouldn't fall off the wagon. No, not that one. I've fallen off so many times I've got callouses and other assorted damages from hitting the ground. We'll see how this works out this time. One day at a time, right? I can't do more than I can do. Whoa, how profound is that? You're right. Not very. I'm fighting a cold right now---scratchy painful throat, ears that won't unplug and a heavy feeling in my chest that I fear does not bode well for the rest of the week. Not that we're taking a vacation. We'd love to of course, but what with times the way they are and the things we need to get done here, it simply wasn't an option. So what are we doing for our spectacular spring break? I'm glad you asked. We're cleaning! Yes, you heard right. And my kids (Ok, the younger ones at an...

Wheeeeeeee!

Today I was awakened to the not-so-delightful sounds of enormous dump trucks, (you know the ones that are a dump truck and they haul a trailer behind?) dumping truck load after truck load of dirt behind my house. Then the most incredibly noisey and squeaky (do they not grease the tracks on those things??) grader began shoving the dirt and rocks around. I had to fight the urge to throw a can of WD40 over the fence to the driver. It wasn't even eight in the morning. It wasn't even 7:30 yet. So I reluctantly arose from my bed and cleaned up the kitchen. After it was spotless, I went back upstairs to my freeze-zone (the only room in the house with AC) to do some online banking and make calls to check on medical bills, etc. As I was finishing up, in walks my husband! At first I had a moment of Oh-no-he's-lost-his-job terror. Then it passed after he smiled. Seems they ran out of work for the day. Odd, but then that's Boeing. So hubby was roped into going school cloth...

Oops

I keep forgetting to update this now that I've discovered the joys of Facebook. Oh, and agony of dealing with other issues. Like having the neurologist increase Ashley's seizure meds twice in one week because she's had seizures and then finding that the side effects are possibly worse than the seizures themselves. Now we're weaning her off the one med and slowly adding another one. I'm tired.... I've lost count of the nights I've spent holding her as she cries. She's missed so much school lately. You know what would be wonderful? To not have to do this anymore. Yes, there are worse things in this world. I'm quite aware of that. I was actually thinking about that the other day when I parked in front of the house and had a mini-melt down while sitting there for half an hour. Sometimes it just feels good to let it all out. I'd been holding it in for far too long. So, onward and upward.