Skip to main content

What we did.....

It's Saturday, the momma cat and her two remaining kittens are lazily lounging around.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chris is so bored that he's playing guitar in his bed.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Of course he wasn't happy that I took a picture of him. It took me four tries just to get that picture. We decided to take a drive south to near Mt. Rainier where my brother lives. I had to retrieve my cat carrier, which he had, and we just wanted to get out of dodge anyway. So a road trip it was.

Along the way we saw a number of these.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hubby snapped that photo from our vehicle.

We stopped at the Alder Lake Dam. The water was quite brown.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


While we were there, a loud warning sound blared and a male voice said, "This is Dam Security, please move your vehicle off the dam immediatly" We hadn't even known we were under surveilance and there were no signs telling us we couldn't be there, but we did as we were told. We took that dam security guard seriously.

We stopped at my brother's neighbor's house, and played with their two Himalayan cats, Jack and Jill. They are so adorable!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


We went to see the Cowlitz River Dam while we were down there.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Here's Chris at the dam. It was a dam day, that's for sure.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


My brother prevaied upon us to go with him to his ward Christmas dinner, so we did. Then we took off for home, traveling through some fairly dense fog in places through the mountains.

All in all, a nice day on the road.

Comments

  1. ok, I had to be the first to say that it sounds like you had a really dam nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Yes, it most certainly was!

    Kindness, thank you for that link you sent to me. It's wonderful that people of differing faiths can come together and work like that, isn't it? There is hope in this world.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead....tell me the truth :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ahhhhhh

Ally and I just got back from the gym. I went every day last week and even though it's Spring break for the kids and me this week, I promised myself I wouldn't fall off the wagon. No, not that one. I've fallen off so many times I've got callouses and other assorted damages from hitting the ground. We'll see how this works out this time. One day at a time, right? I can't do more than I can do. Whoa, how profound is that? You're right. Not very. I'm fighting a cold right now---scratchy painful throat, ears that won't unplug and a heavy feeling in my chest that I fear does not bode well for the rest of the week. Not that we're taking a vacation. We'd love to of course, but what with times the way they are and the things we need to get done here, it simply wasn't an option. So what are we doing for our spectacular spring break? I'm glad you asked. We're cleaning! Yes, you heard right. And my kids (Ok, the younger ones at an...

Wheeeeeeee!

Today I was awakened to the not-so-delightful sounds of enormous dump trucks, (you know the ones that are a dump truck and they haul a trailer behind?) dumping truck load after truck load of dirt behind my house. Then the most incredibly noisey and squeaky (do they not grease the tracks on those things??) grader began shoving the dirt and rocks around. I had to fight the urge to throw a can of WD40 over the fence to the driver. It wasn't even eight in the morning. It wasn't even 7:30 yet. So I reluctantly arose from my bed and cleaned up the kitchen. After it was spotless, I went back upstairs to my freeze-zone (the only room in the house with AC) to do some online banking and make calls to check on medical bills, etc. As I was finishing up, in walks my husband! At first I had a moment of Oh-no-he's-lost-his-job terror. Then it passed after he smiled. Seems they ran out of work for the day. Odd, but then that's Boeing. So hubby was roped into going school cloth...

Oops

I keep forgetting to update this now that I've discovered the joys of Facebook. Oh, and agony of dealing with other issues. Like having the neurologist increase Ashley's seizure meds twice in one week because she's had seizures and then finding that the side effects are possibly worse than the seizures themselves. Now we're weaning her off the one med and slowly adding another one. I'm tired.... I've lost count of the nights I've spent holding her as she cries. She's missed so much school lately. You know what would be wonderful? To not have to do this anymore. Yes, there are worse things in this world. I'm quite aware of that. I was actually thinking about that the other day when I parked in front of the house and had a mini-melt down while sitting there for half an hour. Sometimes it just feels good to let it all out. I'd been holding it in for far too long. So, onward and upward.