Skip to main content

Occipital Neuralgia

Hubby went to work this morning after the great OPEN DOOR POLICY we didn't know we were having during the night and promptly returned home. He has no sick time left, which is why he tried to go to work in the first place, but couldn't stomach light, movement, sound, anything. The visit to the doctor diagnosed him as having a case of Occipital Neuralgia

Very painful, especially since they shot him in the neck three times with Lydocaine and that helpd a little but not enough. Now he's floating on percocet.

Hopefully the meds will kick in and he'll feel better soon.

Kitty Update: One cat has returned. The other baby is still missing.

Comments

  1. Hi...saw your comment on Kathleen's journal (she is everything you thought) so I decided to visit. Sorry about the birthday disaster, but you managed to inject some humor. I hope the hub returns to health and goes back to playing Pink Floyd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quietly watching over you and the prayers remain constant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sympathy, for what it's worth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paul, welome! You're very lucky to know someone like Kathleen. My admiration knows no bounds for angels like her. I read over at your blog for a bit and your Thanksgiving post had me laughing.

    Kindness, Thank you.

    Dave, he's feeling better this morning. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead....tell me the truth :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ahhhhhh

Ally and I just got back from the gym. I went every day last week and even though it's Spring break for the kids and me this week, I promised myself I wouldn't fall off the wagon. No, not that one. I've fallen off so many times I've got callouses and other assorted damages from hitting the ground. We'll see how this works out this time. One day at a time, right? I can't do more than I can do. Whoa, how profound is that? You're right. Not very. I'm fighting a cold right now---scratchy painful throat, ears that won't unplug and a heavy feeling in my chest that I fear does not bode well for the rest of the week. Not that we're taking a vacation. We'd love to of course, but what with times the way they are and the things we need to get done here, it simply wasn't an option. So what are we doing for our spectacular spring break? I'm glad you asked. We're cleaning! Yes, you heard right. And my kids (Ok, the younger ones at an...

Wheeeeeeee!

Today I was awakened to the not-so-delightful sounds of enormous dump trucks, (you know the ones that are a dump truck and they haul a trailer behind?) dumping truck load after truck load of dirt behind my house. Then the most incredibly noisey and squeaky (do they not grease the tracks on those things??) grader began shoving the dirt and rocks around. I had to fight the urge to throw a can of WD40 over the fence to the driver. It wasn't even eight in the morning. It wasn't even 7:30 yet. So I reluctantly arose from my bed and cleaned up the kitchen. After it was spotless, I went back upstairs to my freeze-zone (the only room in the house with AC) to do some online banking and make calls to check on medical bills, etc. As I was finishing up, in walks my husband! At first I had a moment of Oh-no-he's-lost-his-job terror. Then it passed after he smiled. Seems they ran out of work for the day. Odd, but then that's Boeing. So hubby was roped into going school cloth...

The Boy

Will Soon Be Graduating From High School This means, in some small measure, I have successfully managed to get him through 12 years of school and to the age of 18 alive. No small accomplishment, that. Today he called for a ride home after he rode the bus most of the way to our house. As it was about 90 degrees outside, I obliged. I'm a good mom, plus it got me out of a very hot house and into the sweet deliciousness of my air conditioned vehicle. My oldest and youngest daughters went along for the ride and they spotted The Boy before I did. "What's up with his pants?" Indeed. The operative word for his pants was up . He wears those extremely skinny jeans and he'd rolled them up to about knee level and he was walking towards us with a grimace on his face. He was in pain. You see, five hours earlier, in the throes of near heat exhaustion, he rolled the legs of his pants up and then his legs swelled up. He was unable to remove his own pants or roll down what he...