Skip to main content

Friday

I went to the pool this morning, instead of going fetal as I did most of the week. Yay me. Felt better for having done so, and then took a dip in the jacuzzi afterwards.

It's been pouring down rain here most of the day. Poor hubby, he went to my sister's house after work to pick up my nieces so they can spend the night here. Traffic is a bugger tonight. Ashley is getting baptized tomorrow morning, so my sis and the rest of the fam will be coming out for that and to pester me more about selling our house and moving into my father's house.

I feel so overwhelmed about it all. I look around at my house and think about what it would entail to move, and that's when I go fetal. I admit it. I'm a wimp. Total. Unadulterated. Complete wimp.

On a brighter note, I'll be making apple crisp for after the baptism tomorrow. I'd planned to do a mini-brunch type thing but that's hard to do with no money.

Must.....not.......go.......fetal........must.....be.....strong.......

Comments

  1. Anonymous10:38 PM

    Ah hon, I understand the desire to go fetal and just "not exist" for awhile. {{{Pam}}}
    I hope Ashley has a wonderful special day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. give ashley a hug for me.
    your need to go fetal is understandable. you do quite a bit. take care of yourself.
    love
    me

    ReplyDelete
  3. your neocounter is cool

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pammy, you go fetal if you want to babe. Your a sweet sweet mommy and wifey, so you're allowed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey that counter is so great! I am here with someone from the US - who are you??
    BTW happy day and apple crisps sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Carolyn, I know you understand.

    Anna, I know I need to give myself permission to do it once in a while.

    and the counter is pretty cool, huh?

    Tommy dear, you're sweet. Big kisses hon.

    ziggi, it was probably me. I leave my page up a lot. I tried to save you some apple crisp, but they ate it all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead....tell me the truth :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ahhhhhh

Ally and I just got back from the gym. I went every day last week and even though it's Spring break for the kids and me this week, I promised myself I wouldn't fall off the wagon. No, not that one. I've fallen off so many times I've got callouses and other assorted damages from hitting the ground. We'll see how this works out this time. One day at a time, right? I can't do more than I can do. Whoa, how profound is that? You're right. Not very. I'm fighting a cold right now---scratchy painful throat, ears that won't unplug and a heavy feeling in my chest that I fear does not bode well for the rest of the week. Not that we're taking a vacation. We'd love to of course, but what with times the way they are and the things we need to get done here, it simply wasn't an option. So what are we doing for our spectacular spring break? I'm glad you asked. We're cleaning! Yes, you heard right. And my kids (Ok, the younger ones at an...

Wheeeeeeee!

Today I was awakened to the not-so-delightful sounds of enormous dump trucks, (you know the ones that are a dump truck and they haul a trailer behind?) dumping truck load after truck load of dirt behind my house. Then the most incredibly noisey and squeaky (do they not grease the tracks on those things??) grader began shoving the dirt and rocks around. I had to fight the urge to throw a can of WD40 over the fence to the driver. It wasn't even eight in the morning. It wasn't even 7:30 yet. So I reluctantly arose from my bed and cleaned up the kitchen. After it was spotless, I went back upstairs to my freeze-zone (the only room in the house with AC) to do some online banking and make calls to check on medical bills, etc. As I was finishing up, in walks my husband! At first I had a moment of Oh-no-he's-lost-his-job terror. Then it passed after he smiled. Seems they ran out of work for the day. Odd, but then that's Boeing. So hubby was roped into going school cloth...

The Boy

Will Soon Be Graduating From High School This means, in some small measure, I have successfully managed to get him through 12 years of school and to the age of 18 alive. No small accomplishment, that. Today he called for a ride home after he rode the bus most of the way to our house. As it was about 90 degrees outside, I obliged. I'm a good mom, plus it got me out of a very hot house and into the sweet deliciousness of my air conditioned vehicle. My oldest and youngest daughters went along for the ride and they spotted The Boy before I did. "What's up with his pants?" Indeed. The operative word for his pants was up . He wears those extremely skinny jeans and he'd rolled them up to about knee level and he was walking towards us with a grimace on his face. He was in pain. You see, five hours earlier, in the throes of near heat exhaustion, he rolled the legs of his pants up and then his legs swelled up. He was unable to remove his own pants or roll down what he...