Ally and I just got back from the gym. I went every day last week and even though it's Spring break for the kids and me this week, I promised myself I wouldn't fall off the wagon. No, not that one. I've fallen off so many times I've got callouses and other assorted damages from hitting the ground. We'll see how this works out this time. One day at a time, right? I can't do more than I can do. Whoa, how profound is that? You're right. Not very. I'm fighting a cold right now---scratchy painful throat, ears that won't unplug and a heavy feeling in my chest that I fear does not bode well for the rest of the week. Not that we're taking a vacation. We'd love to of course, but what with times the way they are and the things we need to get done here, it simply wasn't an option. So what are we doing for our spectacular spring break? I'm glad you asked. We're cleaning! Yes, you heard right. And my kids (Ok, the younger ones at an...
LOL! Some one should call CPS on you, depriving your poor children that way!
ReplyDeleteFive. But only four are worth watching, two of those only occasionally.
ReplyDeleteI was looking at the US Geological Survey site earlier. Did you know you had several earthquakes in your area yesterday?
Sketchy, go ahead and call. I could use some down time, by myself in a small cell where I wouldn't have to clean, or do dishes, or listen to teenagers whine about no cable tv.
ReplyDeleteRichard, that was me, sorry. I was jumping around a lot. ::grin::
Here is a joke I just read in A Prairie Home Companion Pretty Good Joke Book:
ReplyDeleteDo you know why Isaac was only twelve years old when God called Abraham to sacrifice his son?
Because if he had been a teenager, it wouldn't have been a sacrifice.
_____________
Blessed are all mothers of teenagers, for they get much grief.
Oh Kill them, that is SO true! I've also heard that grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers.
ReplyDeleteEither way. it works for me. :grin:
It has been interesting to see how they are communicating more with us. It's been like this: "wow, who are you?" "I'm your Mother" "How long have you been living here?" "Since you were born"
What's on channel 40? I think it's the history channel here... ;)
ReplyDeleteChannel 40 here is the Disney channel.
ReplyDelete