Skip to main content

Monkey Bra

Gather 'round little children and let me tell you a story. It's the story of The Monkey Bra.

Once upon a time, in a land not so very far away lived a lively family. They had four children, and as the years passed the children grew. They grew and they grew and they grew. Some of the children were of the female variety and as they grew they needed certain undergarments to contain their...er, growth.

Enter The Monkey Bra.

Now I won't say which daughter was the owner of The Monkey Bra as that would cause embarrassment to said daughter. Let it suffice to say that it belonged to one of the four children. Not the male child however. I will regale you with HIS story on another occasion.

The female children continued to grow and sadly, The Monkey Bra no longer fit any of the girls after a time.

It's then that the shenanigans began. You see children, monkeys are mischievous creatures, even when printed on a cloth training bra. Little imps that they are, they began to show up in the most unexpected places.

One day the head male of the house opened his lunch box at work with all his burly co-workers in attendance and out sprang The Monkey Bra!. Much hilarity ensued. The Monkey Bra was pleased with itself.

So much so, that the following week when the head female of the house left home for work, it came along for the ride. As the head female unzipped her black leather binder on the front desk of the school where she had an appointment that day, The Monkey Bra leapt out. Grabbing it quickly and shoving it into her pocket, she thought she was safe. She was not. The school secretaries had seen The Monkey Bra and thought it was something other than what it was so the female head of the house was forced to pull it from her pocket to prove that it wasn't something lacy from Victoria's Secret. She then had to explain to the laughing secretaries The Story of the Monkey Bra, which was well received and much admired by those in attendance that day.

The Monkey Bra was again very pleased with itself. Soon it began showing up in various other places in an effort to embarrass certain members of the household. It rode along to work with the male head of the house on several occasions and once when the female head of the house came out to her vehicle she found this:




It has since been discovered hiding in suit jackets while attending church and under pillows on beds. Who knows where the wily scampering Monkey Bra will show up next?

Update: Somehow it was scrunched into a prescription bottle and when the bottle was opened it flew out like a snake on a spring.

Comments

  1. What a great story to laugh about for the rest of your lives!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead....tell me the truth :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ahhhhhh

Ally and I just got back from the gym. I went every day last week and even though it's Spring break for the kids and me this week, I promised myself I wouldn't fall off the wagon. No, not that one. I've fallen off so many times I've got callouses and other assorted damages from hitting the ground. We'll see how this works out this time. One day at a time, right? I can't do more than I can do. Whoa, how profound is that? You're right. Not very. I'm fighting a cold right now---scratchy painful throat, ears that won't unplug and a heavy feeling in my chest that I fear does not bode well for the rest of the week. Not that we're taking a vacation. We'd love to of course, but what with times the way they are and the things we need to get done here, it simply wasn't an option. So what are we doing for our spectacular spring break? I'm glad you asked. We're cleaning! Yes, you heard right. And my kids (Ok, the younger ones at an...

Wheeeeeeee!

Today I was awakened to the not-so-delightful sounds of enormous dump trucks, (you know the ones that are a dump truck and they haul a trailer behind?) dumping truck load after truck load of dirt behind my house. Then the most incredibly noisey and squeaky (do they not grease the tracks on those things??) grader began shoving the dirt and rocks around. I had to fight the urge to throw a can of WD40 over the fence to the driver. It wasn't even eight in the morning. It wasn't even 7:30 yet. So I reluctantly arose from my bed and cleaned up the kitchen. After it was spotless, I went back upstairs to my freeze-zone (the only room in the house with AC) to do some online banking and make calls to check on medical bills, etc. As I was finishing up, in walks my husband! At first I had a moment of Oh-no-he's-lost-his-job terror. Then it passed after he smiled. Seems they ran out of work for the day. Odd, but then that's Boeing. So hubby was roped into going school cloth...

The Boy

Will Soon Be Graduating From High School This means, in some small measure, I have successfully managed to get him through 12 years of school and to the age of 18 alive. No small accomplishment, that. Today he called for a ride home after he rode the bus most of the way to our house. As it was about 90 degrees outside, I obliged. I'm a good mom, plus it got me out of a very hot house and into the sweet deliciousness of my air conditioned vehicle. My oldest and youngest daughters went along for the ride and they spotted The Boy before I did. "What's up with his pants?" Indeed. The operative word for his pants was up . He wears those extremely skinny jeans and he'd rolled them up to about knee level and he was walking towards us with a grimace on his face. He was in pain. You see, five hours earlier, in the throes of near heat exhaustion, he rolled the legs of his pants up and then his legs swelled up. He was unable to remove his own pants or roll down what he...