Skip to main content

Sometimes....you have to do what you have to do...

It's been a bit since I've written. I know, I know. You've missed me horribly. Here's a hankie.

We had a delightful Easter dinner here at our house with 18 or so bodies, three different tables and massive quantities of excellent food. See?




And here are the three tables of humans.







It was a lovey meal. We used my mother's china and that always makes me feel a bit closer to her.

It's been raining a lot, which has meant that our basement room project has been set back yet again as water is seeping into one entire wall. This is not something we are enjoying so that's all I'm going to say about that. (Yes, that was me being Forrest Gump)

I've been doing a lot of Interpreting, which I'm loving more and more. Lance is still working---or rather he goes to work but there is no work for them to do so he's bored out of his mind most of the time.

We've had some stress of late (who hasn't?) so this morning after we dropped Ash off at school we did something out of character for us.


We had to fill our gas tank, so we did. Sunshine was spilling through the sunroof as we drove away from the gas station and I suddenly realized that I didn't want to go pick up the dry cleaning. I didn't want to stop at the store because we were out of milk. I didn't want to go home.

I wanted this..




And this...



And of course...more of this...



So I did. We did I mean. Get those things.
Then on the way home I got to bask in the joy of this....




Yes..it was foolish and silly and I'll always be glad we just ran away from the city for a few hours to be alone on the beach at the cabin. I'd do it again. In fact..next weekend....

Comments

  1. Anonymous2:52 PM

    Looks like you guys had a great Easter. Ham is always the best to have on Easter, it tastes so good.

    This reminds me of when we had get togethers at my grandma and grandpa's house. We did the same thing you guys did, had three different tables to eat at. The only thing I hated about them, is that I was always stuck sitting with the little kids. Don't get me wrong, they were nice cute kids, but I wanted to sit by people my age and hear them tell funny stories. Those were the days when I couldn't stand up for myself.

    That cabin looks so relaxing. I wish I had a place like that, that I could go to and relax. I hope you have fun there these next week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead....tell me the truth :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ahhhhhh

Ally and I just got back from the gym. I went every day last week and even though it's Spring break for the kids and me this week, I promised myself I wouldn't fall off the wagon. No, not that one. I've fallen off so many times I've got callouses and other assorted damages from hitting the ground. We'll see how this works out this time. One day at a time, right? I can't do more than I can do. Whoa, how profound is that? You're right. Not very. I'm fighting a cold right now---scratchy painful throat, ears that won't unplug and a heavy feeling in my chest that I fear does not bode well for the rest of the week. Not that we're taking a vacation. We'd love to of course, but what with times the way they are and the things we need to get done here, it simply wasn't an option. So what are we doing for our spectacular spring break? I'm glad you asked. We're cleaning! Yes, you heard right. And my kids (Ok, the younger ones at an...

Wheeeeeeee!

Today I was awakened to the not-so-delightful sounds of enormous dump trucks, (you know the ones that are a dump truck and they haul a trailer behind?) dumping truck load after truck load of dirt behind my house. Then the most incredibly noisey and squeaky (do they not grease the tracks on those things??) grader began shoving the dirt and rocks around. I had to fight the urge to throw a can of WD40 over the fence to the driver. It wasn't even eight in the morning. It wasn't even 7:30 yet. So I reluctantly arose from my bed and cleaned up the kitchen. After it was spotless, I went back upstairs to my freeze-zone (the only room in the house with AC) to do some online banking and make calls to check on medical bills, etc. As I was finishing up, in walks my husband! At first I had a moment of Oh-no-he's-lost-his-job terror. Then it passed after he smiled. Seems they ran out of work for the day. Odd, but then that's Boeing. So hubby was roped into going school cloth...

The Boy

Will Soon Be Graduating From High School This means, in some small measure, I have successfully managed to get him through 12 years of school and to the age of 18 alive. No small accomplishment, that. Today he called for a ride home after he rode the bus most of the way to our house. As it was about 90 degrees outside, I obliged. I'm a good mom, plus it got me out of a very hot house and into the sweet deliciousness of my air conditioned vehicle. My oldest and youngest daughters went along for the ride and they spotted The Boy before I did. "What's up with his pants?" Indeed. The operative word for his pants was up . He wears those extremely skinny jeans and he'd rolled them up to about knee level and he was walking towards us with a grimace on his face. He was in pain. You see, five hours earlier, in the throes of near heat exhaustion, he rolled the legs of his pants up and then his legs swelled up. He was unable to remove his own pants or roll down what he...