Skip to main content

Very bad awful horrible day

It was yesterday and Ashley had another grand mal seizure. Thankfully she was in bed with me but she lost control of her bladder again so we're going to be putting her into some pull up type diapers at night from now on. She's so embarrassed that this is happening---the second time this week---but we tell her it's not her fault. Still, it's tough for her.

We started her on Keppra and wow....I'm not sure if it's the medicine or her seizures that are causing her extreme emotional behvior but wow. She comes to me and I hold her as she tells me that she feels like crying and she doesn't know why. So she cries and I hold her. I know one of the side effects of this drug is mood swings and emotional changes.

That was the beginning of our Saturday. The remainder of the day was spent loading and packing the moving van. Five hours worth of hot sweaty work. Then the unloading at my father's house, another hot sweaty horror. That went on for hours and hours and we still weren't done and didn't have room in my father's basement for our storage stuff. Thankfully Lance's cousin Mark was there to help us and he offered us his garage to store things.

I honestly don't know what we would have done without his help and generosity.

We got home at midnight and at 12:30 I was kneeling on our bathroom floor giving Ashley a bath to help her feel better because she was crying and telling me she felt weird and didn't know why. I was so sore and in pain from the day that I could hardly wash her hair---but I managed. My heart just hurts for her.

This morning we got up and cleaned the house from top to bottom in preparation for two different families coming to look over the house. After they came, I wasn't feeling well at all. I tried to lay down but couldn't sleep. I've been throwing up now.

This is not a good time to have a tummy bug. Really. Not at all. I feel so awful.

Comments

  1. Anonymous10:25 PM

    Oh, Pamela. My heart hurts for you guys. :( I hope things improve. You really deserve a break from all the bad stuff. Would chocolate help?

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! I wish I could do something to help, but I'm a little far away. I hope things get better soon! Your family is in my prayers...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead....tell me the truth :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ahhhhhh

Ally and I just got back from the gym. I went every day last week and even though it's Spring break for the kids and me this week, I promised myself I wouldn't fall off the wagon. No, not that one. I've fallen off so many times I've got callouses and other assorted damages from hitting the ground. We'll see how this works out this time. One day at a time, right? I can't do more than I can do. Whoa, how profound is that? You're right. Not very. I'm fighting a cold right now---scratchy painful throat, ears that won't unplug and a heavy feeling in my chest that I fear does not bode well for the rest of the week. Not that we're taking a vacation. We'd love to of course, but what with times the way they are and the things we need to get done here, it simply wasn't an option. So what are we doing for our spectacular spring break? I'm glad you asked. We're cleaning! Yes, you heard right. And my kids (Ok, the younger ones at an...

Wheeeeeeee!

Today I was awakened to the not-so-delightful sounds of enormous dump trucks, (you know the ones that are a dump truck and they haul a trailer behind?) dumping truck load after truck load of dirt behind my house. Then the most incredibly noisey and squeaky (do they not grease the tracks on those things??) grader began shoving the dirt and rocks around. I had to fight the urge to throw a can of WD40 over the fence to the driver. It wasn't even eight in the morning. It wasn't even 7:30 yet. So I reluctantly arose from my bed and cleaned up the kitchen. After it was spotless, I went back upstairs to my freeze-zone (the only room in the house with AC) to do some online banking and make calls to check on medical bills, etc. As I was finishing up, in walks my husband! At first I had a moment of Oh-no-he's-lost-his-job terror. Then it passed after he smiled. Seems they ran out of work for the day. Odd, but then that's Boeing. So hubby was roped into going school cloth...

The Boy

Will Soon Be Graduating From High School This means, in some small measure, I have successfully managed to get him through 12 years of school and to the age of 18 alive. No small accomplishment, that. Today he called for a ride home after he rode the bus most of the way to our house. As it was about 90 degrees outside, I obliged. I'm a good mom, plus it got me out of a very hot house and into the sweet deliciousness of my air conditioned vehicle. My oldest and youngest daughters went along for the ride and they spotted The Boy before I did. "What's up with his pants?" Indeed. The operative word for his pants was up . He wears those extremely skinny jeans and he'd rolled them up to about knee level and he was walking towards us with a grimace on his face. He was in pain. You see, five hours earlier, in the throes of near heat exhaustion, he rolled the legs of his pants up and then his legs swelled up. He was unable to remove his own pants or roll down what he...