Skip to main content

Wednesday

Another day....another morning. We've had difficulty getting Ashley to wear her leg brace. You understand that it's not easy being a nine year old girl and being 'different' in a world that isn't very accepting of differences---despite all it's protestations to the contrary--different is still not as cool as being like everyone else. Having CP will always set her aside in some manner.

This morning Lance put on her brace, after bandaging part of her foot where it had rubbed some skin off and created a blister. We kept it off her for a few days so it could heal.

Photobucket


Poor thing has had bronchitis for awhile. Doc has her on two medications and we have the nebulizer. She went to school for a half a day today. I'm sure she'll come home and sleep.

I leaned across the counter this morning as she was eating her cereal and milk and I just stared at her. She's incredibly beautiful..those big blue eyes, those blond curly locks. I could spend all day just memorizing everything about her but she thinks her mommy is weird when she does that.

She doesn't realize that if I blink....it will be over. I won't have her to cuddle in the morning or have her crawl into bed with me at night. She won't be asking me to do her ponytail anymore or to tie her shoes.

I'm missing it already and it's not even happened yet.....

So beautiful...

Photobucket

Comments

  1. She is a beautiful girl. I'm scared to blink too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very beautiful Pammy...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead....tell me the truth :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ahhhhhh

Ally and I just got back from the gym. I went every day last week and even though it's Spring break for the kids and me this week, I promised myself I wouldn't fall off the wagon. No, not that one. I've fallen off so many times I've got callouses and other assorted damages from hitting the ground. We'll see how this works out this time. One day at a time, right? I can't do more than I can do. Whoa, how profound is that? You're right. Not very. I'm fighting a cold right now---scratchy painful throat, ears that won't unplug and a heavy feeling in my chest that I fear does not bode well for the rest of the week. Not that we're taking a vacation. We'd love to of course, but what with times the way they are and the things we need to get done here, it simply wasn't an option. So what are we doing for our spectacular spring break? I'm glad you asked. We're cleaning! Yes, you heard right. And my kids (Ok, the younger ones at an...

Wheeeeeeee!

Today I was awakened to the not-so-delightful sounds of enormous dump trucks, (you know the ones that are a dump truck and they haul a trailer behind?) dumping truck load after truck load of dirt behind my house. Then the most incredibly noisey and squeaky (do they not grease the tracks on those things??) grader began shoving the dirt and rocks around. I had to fight the urge to throw a can of WD40 over the fence to the driver. It wasn't even eight in the morning. It wasn't even 7:30 yet. So I reluctantly arose from my bed and cleaned up the kitchen. After it was spotless, I went back upstairs to my freeze-zone (the only room in the house with AC) to do some online banking and make calls to check on medical bills, etc. As I was finishing up, in walks my husband! At first I had a moment of Oh-no-he's-lost-his-job terror. Then it passed after he smiled. Seems they ran out of work for the day. Odd, but then that's Boeing. So hubby was roped into going school cloth...

Oops

I keep forgetting to update this now that I've discovered the joys of Facebook. Oh, and agony of dealing with other issues. Like having the neurologist increase Ashley's seizure meds twice in one week because she's had seizures and then finding that the side effects are possibly worse than the seizures themselves. Now we're weaning her off the one med and slowly adding another one. I'm tired.... I've lost count of the nights I've spent holding her as she cries. She's missed so much school lately. You know what would be wonderful? To not have to do this anymore. Yes, there are worse things in this world. I'm quite aware of that. I was actually thinking about that the other day when I parked in front of the house and had a mini-melt down while sitting there for half an hour. Sometimes it just feels good to let it all out. I'd been holding it in for far too long. So, onward and upward.