Ally and I just got back from the gym. I went every day last week and even though it's Spring break for the kids and me this week, I promised myself I wouldn't fall off the wagon. No, not that one. I've fallen off so many times I've got callouses and other assorted damages from hitting the ground. We'll see how this works out this time. One day at a time, right? I can't do more than I can do. Whoa, how profound is that? You're right. Not very. I'm fighting a cold right now---scratchy painful throat, ears that won't unplug and a heavy feeling in my chest that I fear does not bode well for the rest of the week. Not that we're taking a vacation. We'd love to of course, but what with times the way they are and the things we need to get done here, it simply wasn't an option. So what are we doing for our spectacular spring break? I'm glad you asked. We're cleaning! Yes, you heard right. And my kids (Ok, the younger ones at an...
Stop working for awhile!
ReplyDeleteThat's great advice Steve....except when I have deadlines to meet.
ReplyDeleteI'm working on it though. I am. I mean the whole not-being-glued-to-my-work when the kids are home thing.
I'm making it work. I have to!
Actually, Pam - Steve's right. Sometimes you have to say no otherwise you'll start to lose perspective. Speaking from experience and because I also write, it's very much from the same angle. I don't work for anyone who wants 1000 words yesterday for nothing - I'm in charge. Yes, I may have lost out on work but I've also got a roster of clients who are satisfied with the way I work because they know they get a decent bit of work in exchange.
ReplyDelete