Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot

I can be freezing cold one second and then it's though a tiny sun, all my own, has burst into blazing glory right inside of me.

BOOM

I am on fire.

It's as though I am suddenly standing in my very own sauna---alone. Oh, there are people all around me, usually students who don't understand exactly why their teacher looks as though she's just run a 10k.

I've considered tearing my clothes off and running outside into the rain, but there isn't a crime that's been committed by any of my students that would warrant that kind of punishment for them. The emotional trauma would keep them in therapy well into their 80's.

I have been known to place ice packs down my shirt. The other evening a power surge hit me and my father put some ice on my neck. He thought it would bother me. I closed my eyes in ecstasy and sighed. He was mightily disappointed that I didn't jump nor shriek. I actually leaned into the icy goodness.

I am not enjoying this particular stage of life. I am, however, considering moving to an igloo in Alaska until it blows over.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the mental image, just we all wanted, lol! Sending cool thoughts your way, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quarantine her now!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....tell me the truth :)